PDA

View Full Version : do they go well?

GEOvanne
06-10-2008, 09:51 PM
i currently have 3 goldfish (comets). i was thinking of adding shrimp

they would most likely be ghost shrimp. the gold fish arent big, the biggest is about 2.5 inches long (without the tail)

and how many shrimp can i put in the tank?

also, the tank isnt filled all the way to the top, but its covered with a wire/cage thing that i made. they would be able to escape would they?

angelcakes
06-10-2008, 09:54 PM
not a good idea as the goldfish will eat the shrimp

troy
06-10-2008, 10:22 PM
I agree with angelcakes.

Ty
06-10-2008, 10:25 PM
I have tried it, and they will get eaten, but they are fun while they last, and a good snack for the goldfish.

GEOvanne
06-12-2008, 08:09 AM
oh, mabey thats what happened to my last shrimp. i thought it escaped (are guppies, swordtails and mollies about to eat them?)

thanks for the help. ill try them out still (the last one got past one molting), ill put 3 this time. at least this guy give snails with his purchases

kkevvy
06-15-2008, 03:58 AM
Shrimp go well with alot of things.

Shrimp scampi is great, shrimp penne, deep fried, roasted, boiled, steamed, in seafood salad. Ah yess, the possibilities are endless...

Goldfish, not so much.

aaronmonto
06-15-2008, 06:41 AM
I disagree; I dislike boiled shrimp. :laugh1blue:
Gut fill the shrimp and then they should work well with the goldfish. Much more nutrition :)

GEOvanne
06-16-2008, 03:57 AM
lol
i like them fried, or with instant ramen

smaug
06-16-2008, 04:11 AM
Lately I have been buying 50 ghost shrimp a month [at a time]I install them in the tank at night with the lights off so some stand a chance.Normally by the end of the month I have 3-5 left.Everything in my tank eats them ,even the little serpae tetra pick them off.Gold fish will like them too.At the risk of sounding callous its not a bad thing to do,they are meant as feeders and some do live and the nutrient boost they give your bigger fish is good.Make sure they have places to hide such as rocks to get under and other ornamentation and you and your goldies can enjoy them for awhile.

cocoa_pleco
06-16-2008, 04:12 AM
best thing for them would be lots of java moss, it gives them a place to hide and they would stand half a chance

smaug
06-16-2008, 04:16 AM
best thing for them would be lots of java moss, it gives them a place to hide and they would stand half a chance
yup,what coco said.