PDA

View Full Version : Clown loaches - attempt 1

sPuD
06-01-2008, 08:10 AM
Hi,
I have found it so hard to take photos of fish but my three clown loaches seem to be an easier target. my photos are still pretty ameture so any tips would be helpful!

gm72
06-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Looks pretty good. I find fish very difficult to photograph even with a good camera (of course, I lack the skills to understand full operation of said camera, but that's another story).

The picture looks blurry. This can be due to several reasons. Maybe too close-up to allow proper focusing? Maybe not steady with your hand? Or both?

Zangetsu
06-01-2008, 07:12 PM
A couple of quick suggestions...

Use a tripod if you have one, if not

Try the macro setting on your camera.
Use a fast shutter speed so even if the fish moves slightly it wont look blurred.
Try putting a stool or chair in front of the tank and using it to steady your hands if not using a tripod.
If it looks slightly out of focus depress the shutter button half way (without taking the picture). This will focus the camera on the fish (hopefully).
Get as close to the tank as you can so you use as little zoom as possible. Sometimes as you zoom in things get blurry.

Hopefully that helps some, but I am certainly no camera expert either...

Your fish looks good even if it is slighlty blurred :)

sPuD
06-08-2008, 08:12 AM
I had another go but this time with my cory from another tank aswell. I used a chair as a tripod and used the micro setting and i think these helped a lot.

I used a shrimp pellet to lure the corys i hope this isn't cheating.LOL

and the lozch photo makes my tank look a little dirty but he is down by the filter . . .

angelcakes
06-08-2008, 08:14 AM
better 2nd attempt well done the pictures are nice and clear and you have lovely corys and clown loach:19:

sPuD
06-08-2008, 08:34 AM
LOL are u folling me around?(angelcakes). U just posted on my other thread 2. LOL. It would be better it the cories were more there rightful colour- a kind of shimery green. But the photos clear so thats alright.

angelcakes
06-08-2008, 08:38 AM
LOL are u folling me around?(angelcakes). U just posted on my other thread 2. LOL. It would be better it the cories were more there rightful colour- a kind of shimery green. But the photos clear so thats alright.
lol...........not fooling i like posting and seeing photos of other peoples fish i also have clown loaches which happen to be my favourite fish next then is my oscars:hmm3grin2orange:

sPuD
06-08-2008, 08:47 AM
I no . Clow Loaches are the most awsum fish they have heaps of charactor! I even caught my clicking the other day.LOL. Sum pepz say that they arn't very hardy but i used them to cycle my first tank (i diddn't no any better) and they have been through white spot but are still my strongest fish!

angelcakes
06-08-2008, 09:03 AM
I no . Clow Loaches are the most awsum fish they have heaps of charactor! I even caught my clicking the other day.LOL. Sum pepz say that they arn't very hardy but i used them to cycle my first tank (i diddn't no any better) and they have been through white spot but are still my strongest fish!
ive accually got one called dippy and i love it when they click.........normally when eating lol............i need to update my pics of my clowns when ive done them i let you know:19:

sPuD
06-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Cool. Tanx. I would show a better photo of mine but . . . well thats the hole point of this thread. LOL. P.S soz about my spelling errors i just noticed them all . . .

angelcakes
06-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Cool. Tanx. I would show a better photo of mine but . . . well thats the hole point of this thread. LOL. P.S soz about my spelling errors i just noticed them all . . .
ive got a couple of dippy and a smaller one i'll just upload them for you:19:

angelcakes
06-08-2008, 09:21 AM
here is 2 of them.........dippy and titch because titch is the smallest clown i have lol.......its not the clearest pic for me but you get the idea:19: p.s my glass needs cleaning:hmm3grin2orange:
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh47/angelfishe/dippy006.jpg

ive just noticed my hoplo catfish is there aswell,just behind dippy

sPuD
06-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Thats pritty good. howd you get them to stay still long enough for a photo. LOL. Yours are healther then mine or better looking at least. Unfortanly all my clown loaches have lil black spots that are battle scars from the white spot. i have vowed never to shop at the pet barn again - dam white spot

angelcakes
06-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Thats pritty good. howd you get them to stay still long enough for a photo. LOL. Yours are healther then mine or better looking at least. Unfortanly all my clown loaches have lil black spots that are battle scars from the white spot. i have vowed never to shop at the pet barn again - dam white spot
keeping them to stay still that long.......you have to be quick with the camera lol.......its got me going now i keep snapping pics of my clowns :hmm3grin2orange:

donvichu
06-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Thats a nice pic of both you fishes in one shot.............Either your tank glas or cam lens needs cleaning lol:19:

angelcakes
06-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Thats a nice pic of both you fishes in one shot.............Either your tank glas or cam lens needs cleaning lol:19:
glass needs a clean:hmm3grin2orange: ............got some cracking pics now:19:

donvichu
06-08-2008, 12:39 PM
glass needs a clean:hmm3grin2orange: ............got some cracking pics now:19:

Cool..where and when are they going to be posted? :11:

angelcakes
06-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Cool..where and when are they going to be posted? :11:
posted now :19:

donvichu
06-08-2008, 12:49 PM
posted now :19:

Cool...:19: .......I got it

Lady Hobbs
06-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Nice pictures there. Loach looks very plump and heavy.......like like they should.

Zangetsu
06-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Much better pics the second time around, Nicely done! Your fish look great!

Deftec
06-08-2008, 10:02 PM
What kind of cory are those?

sPuD
06-09-2008, 04:04 AM
I think they are emerald green cory. Thats what the fish shop said.

sPuD
07-04-2008, 07:05 AM
This isn't the best photo but i managed to get a photo of my bristle nose - he is always hiding!!!
Alos another loaches but i still can't take an unblury of them
Ps sum platies in there too.

angelcakes
07-04-2008, 07:10 AM
good picturesthumbs2: thumbs2: thumbs2:

shiel85
07-04-2008, 07:18 AM
Nice pics. My loaches are in hiding most the time. When they are out and about I have to run for the camera because I know it will be at least a week before I see them again. They are so much fun thumbs2: