PDA

View Full Version : The Bank

ladyoutlaw50
05-22-2008, 11:23 PM
:confused:
I am not quite sure how this bank thing works!! I see that I gain points for different things and that I can put some in my bank and that interest can be earned. Do I only earn interest on what is in my "bank"? I am slowly catching on to some of this stuff and find that I am spending a great amount of time here and learning so many things!!!
My fish will be thanking you all soon for all the help!! LOL

ILuvMyGoldBarb
05-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Actually, the interest doesn't work right now. You earn points with posts and starting new threads. You can spend your money to do things like add colors and different fonts to your username, even change your username if you want. You can update your user title as well. Also if you want to try to earn even more money you can play the daily and weekly lottery.

ladyoutlaw50
05-22-2008, 11:49 PM
thanks!! I just love this forum -- answers are quick and people are so much friendlier here. I belonged to another one -- won't name any names -- but took forever to get any answers or help.
thanks everyone!!

bushwhacker
07-30-2008, 03:08 AM
bank? lottery? and i thought this was just a place to find answers for our fish questions...

ILuvMyGoldBarb
07-30-2008, 03:31 AM
Yes, and a place to have a little fun as well. :)

GouramiGal
07-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Where do I find the bank? On the CP?
Sorry everyone, I'm a newb, what can I say!!

Alfcea
07-30-2008, 04:19 PM
On the menu bar at the top there's a drop down tab that reads "Shop Menu". From there, just go to bank...

GouramiGal
07-30-2008, 04:28 PM
oh wow. I did not know about that. Thank you so much!

I'm interested in the ribbons. Do members give to each other, or to themselves (to me from me)? Not sure about etiquette!

nwnittany
07-30-2008, 04:32 PM
GG,

I'm pretty sure you can do either. I was feeling naked, so I bought a couple..:c7:

ILuvMyGoldBarb
07-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Usually ribbons are something you buy for yourself since the represent causes that are close to you and that you support. Gifts are usually purchased for you by someone.

GouramiGal
07-30-2008, 05:44 PM
makes sense. thanks!

ehjsne
08-07-2008, 07:51 PM
do you know how I could get more of those neato green squares?

And on my website i have a link to ac...why dont i have that little chain thing? do you know???

fins_n_fur
08-07-2008, 08:09 PM
You can only get green more squares or rep points if you post replies or create threads that other members feel are worthy in giving rep points for effort, quickness of response, creativity, providing help, etc. But, you should not post just in the hopes of getting rep points or asking for them...it just kind of comes naturally. It's just like building or maintaining your reputation in real life.

Did you request an award for the link? William and the mods are too busy to be sure that everyone gets their just desserts and awards, so there is a self-service award request system here. Go here (http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/awards.php) to see about your link award and submit your request.