PDA

View Full Version : Brine Shrimp

Treerat
05-02-2008, 12:01 AM
Ok, so, after school today we went to the LFS and got a teaspoon of brine shrimp for a treat for the fish. Well that turned out to be a few shy of a gabillion shrimps. So I divided them up between my three tanks. Well, they loved them. In the 75g swamp monster tank and the 29g puffer tank there were no survivor within an hour. In the 20g tank, there are about 50 still zipping around. Grover, dragon goby, and New Guy, waspfish, had a field day vacuuming them out of the water and from the sand. I think I'll get them again in week or two. 1 dollar per teaspoon was pretty cheap. Even I can afford that on my allowance. lol.
Have you ever really looked hard at a brine shrimp? if not, you should. they look like iddy biddy versions of those prehistoric fossil aminals... just really tiny. evolution at its finest.

cocoa_pleco
05-02-2008, 12:03 AM
theyre cool, "sea monkeys" are actually just brine shrimp. my saltwater fish love brine shrimp

Algenco
05-02-2008, 12:11 AM
they are sort of strange looking.

cocoa_pleco
05-02-2008, 12:14 AM
they are sort of strange looking.

lol, they are

smaug
05-02-2008, 12:18 AM
My fish really go nuts when I feed them thawed out brines.I can guarantee there would be 0 survival in less the a minute with a teaspoon.I wish I could buy live ones like that,the entertainment value would be priceless!