PDA

View Full Version : A couple of Weather Loaches

KINGMED
04-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Bought a couple of weather loaches this past weekend 1 is fairly long and kind of fat the other one is a little thinner and shorter. Should these be put together or keep them seperate? Right now the small one is in my 29 and the larger one is in my 55. They are pretty neat fish, never had one before but they are very interesting to watch.

angelcakes
04-23-2008, 07:56 PM
you can keep them together in your bigger tank and yes there interesting to watch........any pics:19:

KINGMED
04-23-2008, 08:26 PM
you can keep them together in your bigger tank and yes there interesting to watch........any pics:19:
No I had a canon digital camera a few months ago and decided to take it back to save for a DSLR and wouldn't you know it I lost my wallet with 200.00 in it, that will teach me to take back the camera, at least I would have something to show for the money. I've read that they should be in a tight lid aquarium and if not they may jump out is this true and does this happen quit often.

KINGMED
04-23-2008, 08:26 PM
No I had a canon digital camera a few months ago and decided to take it back to save for a DSLR and wouldn't you know it I lost my wallet with 200.00 in it, that will teach me to take back the camera, at least I would have something to show for the money. I've read that they should be in a tight lid aquarium and if not they may jump out is this true and does this happen quit often.

KINGMED
04-23-2008, 08:27 PM
SORRY, double clicked and added reply twice.

angelcakes
04-23-2008, 08:39 PM
tight lid is a good idea...........but ive not heard that these jump??

Nautilus291
04-23-2008, 09:11 PM
they are pretty active, I had a group of them but My other loaches in the tank didnt like them too much, One day I saw something sticking out of the sand and I went over to see what it was and it was a head of one of the weather loaches!! it was sweet he completely burried himself and just had his head sticking out.

angelcakes
04-23-2008, 09:13 PM
they are pretty active, I had a group of them but My other loaches in the tank didnt like them too much, One day I saw something sticking out of the sand and I went over to see what it was and it was a head of one of the weather loaches!! it was sweet he completely burried himself and just had his head sticking out.
they do bury in gravel/sand and can make a mess........:19:

sncrowe
04-23-2008, 09:38 PM
watch out if you have snails... they will eat them!!!!!

they love frozen peas though just take the skin off... mine loved them.

i miss him.

Rue
04-24-2008, 12:45 AM
I have three...they all hang together...

Keep in mind that they're cold water...