PDA

View Full Version : loach dining behaviour

Arkie
04-17-2008, 06:36 AM
so i have 3 clown loaches (my snail control program), they are very happily eating my snails no worries but ive noticed this one odd behaviour they have. whenever they find a snail they pick it up and swim over to the flat piece of rock i have in the centre of my tank, then they will eat it. its like they are using the rock as a "table"???? its so strange to watch and it doesnt sound believeable but i swear its true. does anybody elses loaches have a "dinning area"? or is it just that mine are totally queer? lol

cocoa_pleco
04-17-2008, 02:07 PM
i think they just are looking for a hard surface so that they can get every last chunk of snail out of the shell

angelcakes
04-17-2008, 02:52 PM
i think they just are looking for a hard surface so that they can get every last chunk of snail out of the shell
that sounds about right..hard surface to crack the shell?:19:

Bobo the Clown Loach
04-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Mine both have a set dining area. They will grab a shrimp pellet or a chunk of an algae wafer and take it inside the tree stump to eat. Bobo started doing that and then Buttons followed suit.

GreenTerrorNYC
04-18-2008, 03:11 PM
I think you just inspired me to get a clown laoch as my bottom feeder.

Will they go well with Green Terrors? Male and female, not worried if they eat their eggs.

Those things are awsome i want one, and much more attractive than plecos