PDA

View Full Version : im mad about gibbiceps.....

Kaga's Kritters
04-05-2008, 12:17 AM
I am mad at both myself and the lfs I got them at. I am mad at myself because I bought them without researching them at all. I asked the lady at the petstore about them....should have known better than to do that too, lol. Second I am mad at the lady at the petstore because she told me they didn't get very big. Just looked them up and they get over a foot long. I have 2 in a 29gal tank, lol. They are both pretty small, maybe 2 inches I think. They are pretty and more active than my clowns, but now I am gonna have to figure out what to do with them. The lfs is 1 hr away, so I don't really feel like taking them back, especially since I don't get out that way at all really....Today I just made a special trip to go see what all they had and get some fish I couldn't find anywhere closer to me. Maybe I will just enjoy them till the grow some and then rehome them....I don't have the money or room to buy a tank that will hold them full-grown.

xoolooxunny
04-05-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm sure they won't outgrow their home by the next time you plan a trip out there. Maybe a couple weeks? Do some hw and find out about new fish that you want before you go out there, so you can come home with new permanent residents instead.

Kaga's Kritters
04-05-2008, 12:29 AM
i got the fish i went for, i just impulse bought these. the lady said they were like clown plecos and stayed small. i honestly don't know if they will even take them back anyway. im thinking about calling them and complaining.

Mvjnz
04-05-2008, 05:56 AM
Definitely call them and complain, and keep the receipt so you can take them back. Or if you can't be bothered just get rid of them when they get too big, but definitely call them anyway.

krisisdog
04-09-2008, 03:45 AM
They do take a long time to grow though, if you decide on keeping them.

Kaga's Kritters
04-09-2008, 11:53 AM
i have decided to keep them for now. once they get bigger i will rehome them.

Mvjnz
04-10-2008, 02:07 AM
Kewl, hope you will call the store and complain tho.. might stop others from getting in the same situation..

Harls
04-10-2008, 05:32 AM
Yeah ur best shot would be growing them out

Kaga's Kritters
04-10-2008, 11:50 AM
i did call the store and complain. they just said that they never seen one get real big and they don't think they will end up getting really big. they said if they got that big then they would be able to buy them that big but all they can get in is the small ones.....

they are idiots.