PDA

View Full Version : Betta Noob. Help please?

dandaman
10-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Ok. Well, I used to have some bettas when I was in highschool, in bowls, and they seemed fine. Im in college now, and I decided to get a new betta. So I went to the store and bought a "Aquatank" 6.3 liter aquarium system. This is about 1.5 gallons, I think, and it came with a filter and Heating light and whatnot. I am just wondering, would this be a good setup for a single betta? I mean, does the filtration bother them, or do I need a diffirent heater or what? Anyways, thanks a bunch in advance. Peace :22:

kimmers318
10-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Sounds like an awesome tank for a betta! If you notice problems with the current from the filter add something to divert it a little. My eclipse betta tank has the filter in the top so I have a large silk plant directly under the water flow creating a diversion for the water. My silly betta though frequently is found resting in said silk plant so I guess he actually likes the current!

gwenkat
10-27-2006, 02:44 PM
I have both my bettas in 1 gallon tanks one with a filter, the other without (until he comes home from work next week) and they both love it. The filter doesn't seem to bother mine.

betta mom
10-29-2006, 09:19 PM
if the filter seems to be to much see if you can turn it down . mine has a control on the bottom of it where you can adjust it . thumbs2: