PDA

View Full Version : Multiple quotes

RainMan
03-26-2008, 02:55 PM
I've been on several forums (not fish related), where they have the multi-quoting capabilities. That way you can respond quickly to more than one post and everyone knows who or what you are referring to. It usually has a button next to he regular quote button... that toggles each post you want to initally quote. Once you selected the posts, you click the main quote button and all of the quotes are setup for your new post.

I hope that makes sense... Here's an example...

Do you like this forum
Yes.. this forum rocks!

What do you like about this forum?
Many things... the people(members) are at the top of the list! :)

How much time do you spend on this forum?
I spend way too much time! But, that's how great it is!

William
03-26-2008, 03:01 PM
I know which function you mean. I will look into it.

RainMan
03-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks William!

Rue
03-26-2008, 04:45 PM
It's not that hard to do manually...just add your {quote}{/quote} around the text...

RainMan
03-26-2008, 05:32 PM
I know how to manipulate a quote... I did it in my example. But, it's a real PITA to have to copy and paste multiple people's posts. And it is even harder to do if you are working on more than one page of posts.

Anyway, I think it is a nice feature to have.

Rue
03-26-2008, 05:34 PM
I know how to manipulate a quote...

Sorry! Just trying to offer suggestions for the forum...

RainMan
03-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Sorry! Just trying to offer suggestions for the forum...

I know you were... I was just trying to clarify how handy a tool like this is. I probably wouldn't even think of it... if I hadn't used other forums that had it.

I guess I'm spoiled :)

Wild Turkey
03-26-2008, 05:42 PM
I've been on several forums (not fish related), where they have the multi-quoting capabilities. That way you can respond quickly to more than one post and everyone knows who or what you are referring to. It usually has a button next to he regular quote button... that toggles each post you want to initally quote. Once you selected the posts, you click the main quote button and all of the quotes are setup for your new post.

I hope that makes sense... Here's an example...

Yes.. this forum rocks!

Many things... the people(members) are at the top of the list! :)

I spend way too much time! But, that's how great it is!

Good idea, im always having to juggle a few tabs to pull this off. Thanks to will for noticing so quick too! good show all around

William
03-26-2008, 06:15 PM
You can now multiquote. just click the multiquote button in the left bottom of each post you want to quote and then press quote to use the function. read my post in announcement if you need more info on how to do this.

just don´t get used to getting what you want this fast ;-)

RainMan
03-27-2008, 01:20 PM
You can now multiquote. just click the multiquote button in the left bottom of each post you want to quote and then press quote to use the function. read my post in announcement if you need more info on how to do this.

just don´t get used to getting what you want this fast ;-)

This is perfect William!!!! You are the man!! Thanks so much!

Good idea, im always having to juggle a few tabs to pull this off. Thanks to will for noticing so quick too! good show all around

Agreed... That's some quick response time for sure.

Edit... woops... got the posts backwards. LOL

RainMan
03-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Is there anyway it can quote in order that posts appear? ASC.. from oldest to newest. Or is in-order that you click multiquote? If it is in-order.. that is cool. I'll just remember that next time.

William
03-27-2008, 10:03 PM
You decide the order by choosing which Quote button you press. If you press the quote button in the last post you get the newest post at the top of your message. If you press the quote button in the top post you wnt to quote you get the oldest post first.

RainMan
03-28-2008, 01:42 PM
I think it's backwards... it should be if you click the most recent message last then it should be oldest to newest.

I tried it a couple of times... I click the multiquote button from oldest to newest... and the last message I click quote. It is always in the newest to oldest sort.

I'm not complaining... it's fine like that. Just seems backwards to me.

Thanks William!!!

William
03-28-2008, 01:45 PM
I agree with you. It is very backwards but there is nothing I can do about it without recoding the function which I frankly doesn't feel qualified to do.

RainMan
03-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Good enough answer for me.... thanks again William.