PDA

View Full Version : How about...

Treerat
03-23-2008, 05:32 PM
... an award for clever and ingenius ideas in the aquarium world. Like, umm... lets say... the one I suggested about steam cleaning the algae off your plants by hanging them upside down in the diswasher. I dunno about you all but thats pretty cool to me. And it works too... :19:

Tolley
03-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Wouldn't work no one can prove they were the first person to come up with the idea.

hobbit
03-23-2008, 08:25 PM
I personally think the idea is good. who cares if it is totally original. the point is that it is good and no one else brought it up.
P.S. I second the idea

Treerat
03-24-2008, 12:34 AM
Its not like im trying to patend the dishwasher. Im suggesting an new use for it. and a award for using existing items to better serve aquaitic kinda around the world. I dont matter if i didnt come up with it first. Im prolly the first to post about the concept. sheesh. anyways... lov ya xxx

hobbit
03-24-2008, 12:43 AM
Wouldn't work no one can prove they were the first person to come up with the idea.

just the first one to bring it up and suggest it to this forum. that in itself, looking at the super achivers here, is good

xoolooxunny
03-24-2008, 12:53 AM
doesnt sound like a bad idea, why dont you create a poll thread on this treerat? and then if its popular enough, maybe a mod will run it by william.

mitcore
03-24-2008, 01:13 AM
i think it would work, my only thought is how would it be controlled and where would it go?

Wild Turkey
03-24-2008, 02:29 AM
Agree with alot of these. This is not a bad idea but one that would be very difficult to regulate fairly, this may lead to more fighting than anything

Drumachine09
03-24-2008, 02:34 AM
In my opinion, having a good idea isn't really worth an award. Everyone has good ideas, so that means everyone gets the award. Everyone getting the award takes away the meaning of it.

William
03-24-2008, 09:31 AM
Post enough good ideas and you get MOTM or perhaps even achivement award ;-)

As for the dish washer idea. I am sorry to say it but I don't think that is a good idea unless you never used the dishwasher. You might end up with chemicals on the rocks that has been left by previous cycles. I bet it usually works out well but there is a real risk even when just steming them.

Treerat
03-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Post enough good ideas and you get MOTM or perhaps even achivement award ;-)

As for the dish washer idea. I am sorry to say it but I don't think that is a good idea unless you never used the dishwasher. You might end up with chemicals on the rocks that has been left by previous cycles. I bet it usually works out well but there is a real risk even when just steming them.
I cleaned my weeds in hot water only and my fish are happy with the results as much as I am. Being steam cleaned in the dishwasher is a safe way to get heavy algae growth off. If some disagree... then don't do it. I'm just tossing the idea out there and sharing my success with it. Didnt mean to ruffle anyone's feathers.