PDA

View Full Version : I got a new betta.

Betta_noob
10-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Not quite sure what I'm gonna name him yet.

Came from the petstore (boo hiss) but born from a breeder.
I couldn't believe my local pet store was treating them so poorly.
They weren't in cups like at petco or petsmart at least but they were all the way in the back of their fish isle up against a wall and two of them were dead!
And they must have been dead for a couple of days because they sunk to the bottom.

So I whined my boyfriend into paying for one because I'd left my purse at home, if I had had my own house and money I probally would have bought all of them.
They're only babies too!

So I bought him a couple of gallon bowl and some gravel and I will soon get him a plant, most likely monday when I get a chance to go to petco or petsmart.
So far he's tried both pellets and flakes with brine shrimp in it so we'll see what he likes.

Like I said he's a baby so he's small and only about 3 months old, and looks like a dwarf compared to my other betta.

His body is blue with an iridescent purple face and the top of his head is white and he's got blue fins that turn into white he's so pretty I think I'm gonna name him comet.

The picture really doesn't do him justice which is why I described him:
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1121/cometaz5.jpg

gwenkat
10-21-2006, 07:13 PM
Welcome. He looks pretty. I have 2 bettas and just love them. Lots of personality. Hope you like our forum.

betta mom
10-21-2006, 11:53 PM
wow... he's very pretty . :1luvu:

Lady Hobbs
10-22-2006, 02:45 AM
Enjoy your new betta. I just got some new tetra's and cory cats today. :)