PDA

View Full Version : Zebra Synodontus

ESaputo
03-07-2008, 02:50 AM
Hey I was walking by our fish section at petsmart and I noticed we started stocking some zebra synodontus..they are literally about an inch to an inch and half, but it says they grow to about 12 inches...now i have a 40 gallon with two gouramis (dwarf) since the cat is a bottom dweller..would it work? Even in a 40 gallon would it work? I doubt it but it doesnt hurt to ask.

Ellen4God
03-07-2008, 03:02 AM
I did a quick search, and if this is the same fish I read about one some pages, it says that it is pretty territorial and needs 55g per fish. Says it should only be fed live food, and that it'll eat smaller tank mates. I'm not sure you'd want to have it in your tank. Maybe you could google it to see what information you dig up.

cocoa_pleco
03-07-2008, 03:13 AM
i would get at least a 75g, best 90g

ESaputo
03-07-2008, 03:23 AM
Yeah I figured...but man it was a beautiful fish..Maybe ill just have to invest in something bigger hehe

f.lanzarone
10-07-2008, 06:25 AM
I work at petsmart.. we did not do well selling these guys. These catfish would probably do well in a cichlid tank, but they get very large, very territorial, and need aggresive tankmates to defend themselves. In our store they would go after eachother like crazy if there was a slight size difference.. I wanted to get one but the fact that they get a foot changed my mind =P

cocoa_pleco
10-07-2008, 02:21 PM
threads from march

Northernguy
10-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Its an old post but I wonder if he got any and how big a tank he got to go with them.
I guess I'm just curious to see if MTS is alive and well with his hobby!:hmm3grin2orange: