PDA

View Full Version : I Have A Question For The Loach Queen

Desensitized
06-26-2005, 09:35 AM
How come now after about 6 months of having him is my weather loach jumping into my filter? It has just started happening in the last 2-3 days. Could it be a weather change? I don't know how he can fit to get in there he is at least twice the size of the opening but he is in there at least 3 times a day and I have to keep dumping him back into the tank which is VERY dangerouse for him since this act attracts my cats. There is no other openings for him to escape to because I was warned they (and my frog) were notorious for jumping tanks.

William
06-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Im not loachqueen but until she shows up can you tell me how large your fish is?

Have you amde any changes in the aquarium?

How is the nitrite levels?

Desensitized
06-27-2005, 07:16 PM
The nitrate levels are fine, as are the ph , etc. I test them everytime I do a cleaning.

The only changes I could think of are the slight changes that happened when I had to take out the decorations and clean them due to some algae.

It is about 5 inches in length.

William
06-29-2005, 06:46 PM
Then i don't really know. You didin't use any detergents for cleaning did you?

I would recommend trying to close the opening in the cover if possible. I usually use a Sponge that i shape using a pair of scissors. shape the sponge a little bigger then the opening and then squeeze it down. This way the sponge says in the opening and closes it so you don't have to orry about that.

You could also lower the filter a little so that there are a little water on top of it so that the loach get down by itself.

As to why it does it if it is that small. I have no idea. Maybe it just discovered that it's fun. it woldn't be the first fish how think jumping against the current near the filer is fun.

Desensitized
06-29-2005, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the top I will give it a try. I just didn't want my cats to get a "treat" that they weren't supposed to have. And as far as the cleaning I didn't use any detergent just really really hot water and my fingers. Do you have any better suggestions because it isn't going away and my pleco doesn't seem to like the fuzzy white stuff.

Full3R
01-08-2006, 01:32 PM
i would suggest get a few water snails bigger then your largest fishes mouth, the snails should live on the algea, or even just by a brand new sponge soak it in HOT water for about 10 minutes then scrub the algea right off

DemonShark
04-28-2006, 09:33 PM
err i think the loachqween doesent come here anymore