PDA

View Full Version : how active is your pleco ?

melbfish20
02-09-2008, 05:52 AM
my pleco is not very active at all, in fact all he does is sit under his log and occasionally comes out at night for food.I never see him swimming around the tank.When he comes out at night all he does is stay at the bottom of the tank.when ever my pleco does make a appearance it is a big deal for me and my family because it is so rare

are all plecos like this ?

jbeining75
02-09-2008, 05:55 AM
turn off all the light sand let your eyes adjust he'll be flying around at night, they are nocturnal eaters and don't like bright lights........ they'll lay in the dark all day, under logs, driftwood , rocks, whatever they can find.....

cocoa_pleco
02-09-2008, 06:16 AM
i have tons of driftwood in my 90g and usually he just sits upside down sucking on the wood.

dont forgot theyre nocturnal too

brsutton
02-09-2008, 07:32 AM
I have a butterfly pleco in my tank, during the day he is normally hanging on drift wood or inside one of the caves i've made in my tank, but if he is hungry he is out and about looking for food.

smaug
02-09-2008, 02:45 PM
I have a clown and a leopard plec,the plec is always marauding around,the most fearless plec Ive ever seen.The clown will only be seen at night.months ago I had a common plec that I didnt see for 3 months,I traded him away.

sailor
02-09-2008, 02:58 PM
I have rubber lipped pleco's in all my tanks and they are very active. All over the tanks night & day. One of the two in my girlfriends small community tank swims to the middle of the tank and sits on the bottom until we drop in an algea wafer or a piece of zucchini.

Bobo the Clown Loach
02-10-2008, 04:52 AM
I have rubber lipped pleco's in all my tanks and they are very active. All over the tanks night & day. One of the two in my girlfriends small community tank swims to the middle of the tank and sits on the bottom until we drop in an algea wafer or a piece of zucchini.

Likewise, my 2 rubberlips (Wayne and Garth) are constantly active. They don't really go after any food I throw in though. They clean the algae off of the centerpiece in my tank and they chow on whatever they can find on the glass. They don't bother with the algae wafers or the spinach I put in for the snails, but they are really fun to watch.

jb300m01
02-11-2008, 02:13 AM
My highfin is always out, day and night. All he does it eat. I call him the pooping machine... I just cleaned the sand and I can already see where he has been.

Warsong
02-11-2008, 09:52 AM
mine is fairly active, sometimes hes completely hidden and u cant find him but normally i always see him flying up n down the walls of the tank and on the plants n logs id say hes active atleast 80% of the day