PDA

View Full Version : Something Different

Full3R
09-18-2006, 03:39 PM
What small aquatic creature that is rather predatory could i keep salt water fresh or tropical that isnt a fish i already have aquatic turtles and Crayfish but i want something different i was looking into octopus but they apprently need rather large aquariums so does anyone have any suggestions

William
09-20-2006, 02:11 AM
you might consider geting a mantis shrimp. (acrylic tank needed)

Full3R
09-20-2006, 04:23 AM
any info on them?

Severus
09-20-2006, 04:36 AM
Very cool. They arent actually shrimp but are reffered to as shrimp because of their front arms and how they get their food. They resemble a praying mantis with their eyes and hunt in a similar fashion, they can reach a lentgh of up to 12" and are very powerful creatures. they are also solitary and should be kept alone

Full3R
09-24-2006, 02:20 PM
So it is predatory i thought it was going to be a 4 inch algea eater to be honest ive looked em up they are pretty cool might consider getting one when all my tanks are up and running and IF i can find one

William
09-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Do your really think I would recommend a algea eater when you ask for a pradator ;-)

They are cool but never keep them in glas aquariums. They will break the glass. If you can't find oneperhaps you can catch one. I don't know exactly where you live but there should be some in your waters.

Full3R
09-26-2006, 02:12 AM
NSW the cloest beach or ocean connected waters are newcastle beach rekon thered be any there adn by acrylic tank you mean plastic?