PDA

View Full Version : What is this..thing?

NoelFae
05-12-2018, 09:53 PM
Hello Iíve returned from a long bout of silence; but Ares has changed from blue to black and now heís got this weird spot near his head. I donít know if itís more colour changing or if heís sick?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180512/9306a70c6f1fd24fb3f8f400e4ed6978.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180512/ffbefe8facfe20a821cf818dac35734e.jpg

Agent S
05-13-2018, 02:40 AM
I can’t quite tell from the pictures, but does it look more like a gouge or something attached on it?
If it’s a gouge, I would guess an injury of some sort. If something’s attatched to it, then it may be a parasite

Silbar
05-13-2018, 11:57 AM
It is hard to tell from the pic but it looks like missing scales from an injury such as a burn from sleeping against a heater. you might get a clearer pic if you removed the water spots on the glass.

NoelFae
05-15-2018, 04:45 PM
It is hard to tell from the pic but it looks like missing scales from an injury such as a burn from sleeping against a heater. you might get a clearer pic if you removed the water spots on the glass.

Mmn he used to sleep on the heater a lot so that wouldnít surprise me - yeah Iím doing a big clean today [emoji23] I was trying to avoid the water spots but he was hanging out there

NoelFae
05-15-2018, 04:45 PM
I canít quite tell from the pictures, but does it look more like a gouge or something attached on it?
If itís a gouge, I would guess an injury of some sort. If somethingís attatched to it, then it may be a parasite

Iím putting him in a little container tonight to clean the tank so Iíll take better pictures when heís in there

BluewaterBoof
05-15-2018, 05:25 PM
It is hard to tell from the pic but it looks like missing scales from an injury such as a burn from sleeping against a heater.

This was my first thought, as well. Looks like a burn mark.

bpete
05-16-2018, 01:50 PM
I was reading last night in a book about fish health a thing called bacterial ulceration. the description and pictures looks a lot like what you have going on. I think it is treatable. you may want to look up the information and see if this might be the issue.

NoelFae
05-21-2018, 10:04 AM
I was reading last night in a book about fish health a thing called bacterial ulceration. the description and pictures looks a lot like what you have going on. I think it is treatable. you may want to look up the information and see if this might be the issue.

Iím awful at replying to stuff on time haha but when I had him in his container for a wc it looked like it was getting better and Iím pretty sure itís gone now; but I am for sure going to look that up just in case