PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Betta Bloodworms

LittleFox
02-03-2017, 09:52 PM
I just got some freeze dried bloodworms for Watson (my betta) but he doesn't seem to care about eating it. :confused: When I tried feeding him one, he seemed interested in it at first. He started by attacking/nipping at it a few times but has since left it alone.

Could it be too crunchy or something?

NoelFae
02-03-2017, 10:13 PM
My betta Ares is meh about bloodworms too - but I'm a new betta owner so I can't be of much help as to why lol

He eats them if I feed them to him as I'm feeding him pellets but otherwise just leaves them alone (and then they sink and make yuckies)

LittleFox
02-03-2017, 10:27 PM
My betta Ares is meh about bloodworms too - but I'm a new betta owner so I can't be of much help as to why lol

He eats them if I feed them to him as I'm feeding him pellets but otherwise just leaves them alone (and then they sink and make yuckies)

I'm a new betta owner, too. I've actually had a terrible time feeding him. So far, he has not shown any interest in pellets and will only eat flakes. I thought that getting bloodworms would be a nice treat and give him a little more variety, but no such luck yet. /sigh

NoelFae
02-03-2017, 10:31 PM
When I got Ares I just tried putting one piece of pellet in his tank each day until he ate it and that started me on my schedule- not sure how great it is but it's working for us

mac
02-03-2017, 10:41 PM
How new to the tank is the Betta??

Mine that I use to keep years ago are anything from brine shrimp live or frozen, standard types of flakes springles and tetra crispes that were crunched up.

Never noticed mine to be overly keen on pellets though. Do you mean large pellets like the ones for corys?? If so possibly to hard and need soaking for the betta.

Sent from my SM-J500Y using Tapatalk

Slaphppy7
02-03-2017, 11:15 PM
The freeze dried bloodworms need to be soaked in a small bowl of tank water a few hours before feeding, so that they can rehydrate and get the 'good smell' going

The frozen variety of BW's are far superior to the freeze dried kind, IME

LittleFox
02-03-2017, 11:26 PM
How new to the tank is the Betta??

Mine that I use to keep years ago are anything from brine shrimp live or frozen, standard types of flakes springles and tetra crispes that were crunched up.

Never noticed mine to be overly keen on pellets though. Do you mean large pellets like the ones for corys?? If so possibly to hard and need soaking for the betta.

I've had him about a month, I believe. And they are betta pellets, so it says on the jar.

LittleFox
02-03-2017, 11:27 PM
The freeze dried bloodworms need to be soaked in a small bowl of tank water a few hours before feeding, so that they can rehydrate and get the 'good smell' going

The frozen variety of BW's are far superior to the freeze dried kind, IME

Ooooh, okay. Thank you!!

mac
02-03-2017, 11:29 PM
I've had him about a month, I believe. And they are betta pellets, so it says on the jar.
I have personally kept away from that type of thing. And checked the feeding requirements on line then matched multiple good sources to suit.

LittleFox
02-03-2017, 11:59 PM
I have personally kept away from that type of thing. And checked the feeding requirements on line then matched multiple good sources to suit.

What sources would you consider good?

mac
02-04-2017, 12:13 AM
https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.bettatalk.com/food.htm&ved=0ahUKEwjl_oHfk_XRAhXJEbwKHQFiCB4QFggYMAA&usg=AFQjCNGBj37FEoUOXs_e9mOueTyBy6Z73Q&sig2=EkJ3spC9SQZDhBJAiU7eXQ Is a good link