PDA

View Full Version : 7.5 gallon Island aquarium

KINGMED
02-01-2017, 02:28 AM
The Sams Club here in town have these with filter and heater for 39.00. I was wondering if this would be a good tank for betta?

Slaphppy7
02-01-2017, 03:49 AM
This one, correct?

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/island-aquarium-kit-7-5-gallon/prod20596315.ip

Any cycled tank of at least 5 gallons is fine for a betta, but "kit" tanks leave much to be desired in quality and functionality, more often than not

KINGMED
02-01-2017, 04:15 AM
Yes that's the one, ya I know that the kits aren't the best. I prefer 6.6 gallon bookshelf tank that I have.

mac
02-01-2017, 07:32 AM
Personally I would not do a kit. They are very much a bother to work in work on and to keep.

A standard glass tank is way easier and better IME.

Sent from my SM-J500Y using Tapatalk

Boundava
02-01-2017, 02:36 PM
if you read the reviews, one person had an issue with the light dying out and the water level needing to be very high for the filter to work. I don't like the kit tanks as you wind up not liking the additions. For example I love the Spec V tank and filter my Sister has but the lid and light are a joke, so she had to adjust and add a glass top and Finnex planted + light to support the dirted tank and plants she has in there. Makes a great betta tank.

SueD
02-01-2017, 04:24 PM
Some kits are better than others, especially in the nano tank size of which there seems to be more and more offered. The Fluval Spec V has been a great kit for my purposes. Fluval also has others such as the Fluval Vista and the newer Fluval Flex. Both look to have some solid components, but they are therefore somewhat pricier.

Shidohari
02-05-2017, 04:12 AM
The last kit i got was a fluval spec 5 gallon. It was as wide as a ten gallon tank with half the space, but I wasn't satisfied because of the way the filtration set up was for the tank, I felt it took away from the available swimming space. So I've taken that tank down. I still own both that and the ten gallon tanks that i've taken down so that I could have more space as the fish that were originally in those tanks passed onto better swimming grounds in the sky. They would come in handy if i needed an emergency tank.

Last time that I'll get a kit though. I could have saved the almost 75 to one hundred dollars I spent on the Fluval though.