PDA

View Full Version : Someday breeding my bettas

uihawk9868
08-31-2016, 11:27 PM
Hello all.
I have a Plakatt Betta alone in a 10 G. FW tank. I wish I could enclose a picture, but I've read the instructions and can't figure out how to do it from this smartphone. At any rate, I also have a female crowntail in a 20 community tank. The male's tank has a HOB filter but no heater and the temp. Is 76 - 78 . No matter what I do I cannot get the male betta to blow a bubblenest (I want to breed them someday). I have tried to keep the agitation from the filter at the water's surface as minimal as possible. I've had the Plakatt for at least three months and he's never once blown a nest. Both tanks are well established. Also any problems with breeding a Plakatt with a crowntail ? Thanks.

Cyclops
01-08-2017, 02:57 AM
honestly I am not sure... my betta blew one at about 73 degrees but the ideal temp is 80 maybe try lowering the temp to 70-73 then feeding him live foods as you gradually raise the temp to 80?

mac
01-08-2017, 06:13 AM
I use tap talk app on the phone to upload pics. Works well.

AmazonJoe
01-08-2017, 03:45 PM
What's your pH and have you added any almond leaves? Also what are your nitrate levels?

CaptainByMoonlight
02-20-2017, 09:27 AM
Also any problems with breeding a Plakatt with a crowntail ? Thanks.

Regarding the bubble nest I'm not sure what to say, I'm still new to the betta keeping hobby as well. However I have been looking into some possible breeding options for my CT male and I stumbled across this website http://www.bettaterritory.nl/BT-AABtailtypegenetics.htm a little bit scientific but it answered all of my questions.

TLDR: should be fine breeding you plakat male to the crowntale female. Shouldn't have any deformities to my knowledge.

aquariumfilter
03-17-2017, 11:13 AM
Thanks, for the share, a few question for you:
How many times did you cycle your tank?
What are your ph, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels?
How often do you perform water changes?
You can find here the best suggestion:
http://fishboxpro.com/betta-fish-care-guide/