PDA

View Full Version : A Third of Tested Restaurant Lobster Dishes Actually Contain Cheaper Seafood, Investi

Newsbot
02-09-2016, 10:20 AM
More fish News

A Third of Tested Restaurant Lobster Dishes Actually Contain Cheaper Seafood, Investigation Shows (http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/14518-a-third-of-tested-restaurant-lobster-dishes-actually-contain-cheaper-fish-meat-investigation-shows)

Laura_in_FL
02-09-2016, 05:18 PM
Well, it's not as though Inside Edition is a good source for fair and unbiased reporting or statistically valid surveys, but...

I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked. :stongue: Unless it's a local place run by people you trust, the only way to be sure you're getting real lobster is to order a whole or half lobster served in the shell. It's pretty darn hard to fake those! Swapping out expensive fish for cheaper fish is also rampant in restaurants (and even some supermarkets and fish markets). Not to mention restaurants that sneakily substitute "krab" for real crab. Although I like "krab" just fine in some dishes, I don't want to pay real crab prices for it.

Maybe someday we will have portable DNA test kits that allow us to check at the table whether our food was made from the same type of critter we paid for.