PDA

View Full Version : I did something stupid..

Agdistis
12-23-2015, 01:55 PM
Well this is embarrassing.. I was messing around with the fish tank last night. I had taken a bath and put on lotion (unscented, all natural lotion). I was not thinking at all and put my hand in the tank to move the heater down. Almost immediately I yanked my hand back out remembering I had just put lotion on. To late though. I could see a bit of a white cloud round where my hand had been... I quickly checked google for the prognosis and did a 30% WC with conditioner and I threw in some bio supplement for good measure... It's been about 8 hours. The tank is more cloudy than usual but the fish seems fine. Hanging around the top and waiting for food as usual. He's still alert and responsive. I guess I'm wondering, is there a chance of long term damage to my tank/filter and fish? Should I do another water change?

Slaphppy7
12-23-2015, 04:35 PM
Nah, should be fine, just keep an eye on things.

You don't need the bio stuff.

Altima05r
12-23-2015, 11:16 PM
I've stuck my hands in my tank after washing them with scented soap before, stupid mistake, but it happens. Never noticed any cloudiness or anything like that in my water, but considering you did your water change immediately and didn't notice any stress on the fishes part ( which Betta's are pretty good about communicating stress ) sounds like you should be OK.

-E

Julian_the_fish
12-28-2015, 09:41 PM
I think It should be fine, you took the necessary precautions to make sure that the fish would be ok