PDA

View Full Version : Betta Tank Setup

Jwfish13
07-25-2015, 11:38 PM
Me and my gf are going to each be getting a betta and i have a couple of questions.

I was looking to get a couple of Fluval Spec V's for our bettas. One for her and one for me, but i read somewhere or saw on youtube that the flow might be to strong for a betta, Is this true or is it ok to house them in the spec V?

if not i was just going to get a couple 10g tanks and a couple of sponge filters

Any thoughts, advice, recommendations?

Slaphppy7
07-26-2015, 01:27 AM
I'm pretty sure SueD keeps the Spec V's, hopefully she'll see your new thread here.

And, you could PM her, too

Boundava
07-26-2015, 01:47 AM
Spec V is perfect for a betta. Have had 2 in my spec V now, matter of fact my female loves to swim against the little current there is.

Slaphppy7
07-26-2015, 02:19 AM
There you go, eyewitness account.

Jwfish13
07-26-2015, 03:14 AM
great thanks Boundava! I will start a journal when i get everything

SueD
07-26-2015, 06:31 PM
I'm pretty sure SueD keeps the Spec V's, hopefully she'll see your new thread here.

And, you could PM her, too

I'm glad Natalia responded. I have 2 Spec V's, and I love this tank. But I've never had a Beta so I'm not familiar with their behavior/needs. I have micro fish and RCS in mine and everyone seems to handle the current just fine.

vig
08-01-2015, 06:19 AM
Me and my gf are going to each be getting a betta and i have a couple of questions.

I was looking to get a couple of Fluval Spec V's for our bettas. One for her and one for me, but i read somewhere or saw on youtube that the flow might be to strong for a betta, Is this true or is it ok to house them in the spec V?

if not i was just going to get a couple 10g tanks and a couple of sponge filters

Any thoughts, advice, recommendations?

I'm starting one at the moment. :)

Fluval Spec V
1. the pump has a lever to adjust intake opening which will result a slower flow. Pic (http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7065/13941800983_31d356d6d0.jpg)
2. you can make holes in the flow tube (connecting from the pump to the output nozzle) to make it beta friendly.

All these mods you can read them here:
http://spec-tanks.com/fluval-spec-aquarium-betta-friendly/

Jwfish13
08-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Thanks Vig, that is some good info and will definitely do that for our Betta