PDA

View Full Version : Betta Pictures

KINGMED
06-30-2015, 04:55 PM
A few pictures of my double tail male from PETCO

Compass
06-30-2015, 05:10 PM
Very pretty, I like how dark he is. Or is that just the camera? I have a black betta myself named Smaug. Love him!

KINGMED
06-30-2015, 05:34 PM
Here is my other mail betta.

KINGMED
06-30-2015, 05:35 PM
O.k. How do i change the size of my pictures help please

KINGMED
06-30-2015, 05:41 PM
Here's another try.

KINGMED
06-30-2015, 06:00 PM
O.K. I think I got it right.

KINGMED
06-30-2015, 06:12 PM
Very pretty, I like how dark he is. Or is that just the camera? I have a black betta myself named Smaug. Love him!He is mostly a reddish purple color with a darker black or dark blue color around the edges of the fins. He looks so much better in real life, he was 6.99 probably the best I've seen at this Petco, Petsmart bettas here are HORRIBLE! The other Betta is a Rose Peddle betta for 19.99 his colors are not real noticeable but he is more of a red white and blueish color. My double tail was in a 3 gallon wine vase bowl and the rose peddle was in a 2.5 gallon aquarium here is the set up now.

KINGMED
06-30-2015, 06:15 PM
Oh ya, he is that dark....he is constantly flaring up all the time, just hard to get a good picture through the glass. Tanks are still in progress, another heater on the way for the vase.

KINGMED
08-13-2015, 05:59 AM
My betta a few weeks ago started to spend most of his time on the bottom, he eventually lost all color and his fins went ugly,he was very lathargic so I moved him into a smaller tank with a small filter and heater. He's starting to get his strength back and is eating a lot better, I'm keeping him in a 2.5 gallon with a 7.5w heater which keeps it at roughly 80 to 82 degrees, and a small Ocean Free 10w filter that came with a 1.5 gallon glass tank about 8 or 9 years ago. I bought 3 when they went clearance at Petsmart, never used the filters until now and they are awesome, I think they would have put way to much flow for a 1.5 gallon. Need some advise on any other help for the guy, will aquarium or table salt help him?, figure he had/has fin rot and I screwed up not seeing the signs.

octavio
02-25-2016, 10:14 PM
This is a WAY late reply to your query about your Betta, but better late than never.
1. You did the right thing by putting him in a smaller container so he can heal. I hope he's still alive.
2. Salt is a great tonic for sick Bettas But NEVER USE IODIZED TABLE SALT. Kosher salt or plain epsom salts are fine. One or two teaspoons per gallon is sufficient. He can't live in saline water forever, but a couple of weeks should be fine.
3. Raising the water temperature was a wise move. Eighty degrees to eighty-two degrees is perfect for helping the little critter get a fin up and improve.

Anyway, good luck. Hope the little guy survived.