PDA

View Full Version : A thought about the comp.'s UPDATED

MeganL3985
11-20-2007, 12:16 AM
I just thought i'd start a thread here since Hobbs Competition Note was closed for comment. This is just a thought, if anyone wants to chime in thats fine, I just didnt know where else to post my thoughts.

About changing pics in the competitions......I don't feel like its a good idea to allow the changing of pics. I mean Hobbs, I dont want to step on toes or seem to put words in your mouth, but doesn't it get a little difficult to decipher everything and change things once someone has changed a picture?
I just think whatever is entered should be kept and if you really like another picture, keep it for next months comp. I just don't see why its necessary to change something and create more work, unless the pic you posted was a mistake (since we can't delete posts ourselves).
Anyway....j.m.h.o.

Please feel free to--:14: --if i'm off my rocker on this...lol

cocoa_pleco
11-20-2007, 12:18 AM
i agree, if you think you will change your picture at sometime take a bunch of pictures over the month, then go through them and submit the one you think is best a FEW days before the contests close, that way you wont have to swap

crackatinny
11-20-2007, 12:23 AM
I agree with you Megan, it is unfair on Hobbs to be expected to change or resize pics

MeganL3985
11-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Thats pretty much why I brought it up. Hobbs does this all for the site and I think its unfair for people to add to her work load for something as silly as wanting to change a picture. Something that could be kept in a file/folder until next months comps. It just seems selfish. Sorry.

Lady Hobbs
11-20-2007, 12:35 AM
Generally I try to be a bit lenient in making some changes since someone may get a new fish and get all excited to enter it in the photo contest and delete another. But when they make changes and don't let me know, then I get screwed up. People judge from both sites, here and photobucket, and if they change a picture here and I haven't made the changes there it gets a bit hairy and they may end up with actually more than 2 entries.

The point in my post is just to let them know that more is involved in making a change than they realize. Some just didn't know so that post was just to inform.

But picking out a picture you intend to use for the entire month is indeed the preferred way of doing things and certainly simplier for me. Usually we don't have all this bouncing around of photo's like we did this month.

Maybe I should write: Please don't change pictures like you change your underwear?

MeganL3985
11-20-2007, 12:38 AM
Lol Hobbs

Btw: Just as a quick statement--I have no idea who changed their pictures, so I wasn't trying to single or point any person/persons out. Just the topic in general.

A340
11-20-2007, 01:43 AM
The way I see it, if you enter a picture into a competition, it's entered, case closed. If you feel you have a better picture than your previous one and have already reached your two picture limit, save it for the next competition.

gm72
11-20-2007, 01:47 AM
I agree that photos should not be allowed to be switched. I mean, do you enter a nascar race and decide mid-race to switch cars?

You enter a photo in the comps because you like the pic and think it will win. If you then take a pic that is even better than the one you posted, great. But wait until next month.

mitcore
11-20-2007, 02:22 AM
i dont know i seem to agree with both sides of this one
i know my comment doesnt help but i cant go either way
and lady you do do alot why take on more work

richberstler
11-20-2007, 02:47 AM
Sorry )o:

I changed my pic on TOTM only in spitit of the contest. When I re-read the rules I felt my pics were not in compliance. I will say, however, I did not change my tank at all, I just used a better camera to show them.

gm72
11-20-2007, 02:55 AM
Zero apologies needed. Megan didn't know who it was and I didn't either. Just discussing the topic here, not pointing fingers.

richberstler
11-20-2007, 02:58 AM
Zero apologies needed. Megan didn't know who it was and I didn't either. Just discussing the topic here, not pointing fingers.

NP. I wasn't suggesting anyone was pointing fingers, just letting everyone know just in case. Not that I have any chance to win this month anyhow lol

Lady Hobbs
12-17-2007, 11:06 PM
No more changing of pictures anymore, period.

It's ridiculous to have a mass changing of pics just days before comps end.

squirt_12
12-17-2007, 11:10 PM

i agree....stay with the picture you put up.

MeganL3985
12-18-2007, 12:08 AM
Everyone knows my stance on it.

gm72
12-18-2007, 12:46 AM

Wonderful, and agreed.

Lady Hobbs
12-18-2007, 04:49 AM
I do have to say that some still don't know that pictures are loaded to a website as well. You can't really blame people for what they are unaware of.
I will post it in future contest to help save some confusion.

William
12-18-2007, 12:05 PM
sounds good. They can always enter one of their other pictures the next month.