PDA

View Full Version : My betta hates me now.

mbowling25
05-27-2015, 03:36 PM
We've had the betta for 2 years or so and he has been in my daughter's bedroom. He allowed me to feed him pellets one at a time and seemed to enjoy when I would walk up to the tank. Almost as if he knew me. He was like a miniature dog. Long story short, my wife wanted to re-do my daughter's bedroom and the fish tank didn't match the new furniture. No problem, I thought, I'd move him down to the office with me.

Now any time I come up to the tank, he flares his fins at me as if I were a predator. When I feed him, he swims up and takes a swipe at the food very aggressively and swims down to the bottom super fast. He's not even eating the food. He's attacking it and swimming away.

Does he dislike his new surroundings that much? Nothing else has changed.

Slaphppy7
05-27-2015, 03:54 PM
Is the tank out in the open, or against a wall?...is the room lighting any different?

How big is the tank?...anything else in there with him?

mbowling25
05-27-2015, 04:08 PM
5 gallon tank, no mates.

I suppose the lighting is a little darker in the office and the tank is slightly more boxed in than it was before. Would that contribute to a complete 180 in behavior? I guess I'll try to find another spot for him to see if he goes back to being happy.

Slaphppy7
05-27-2015, 04:13 PM
It's hard to know for sure, bettas can be fickle little guys...yeah, maybe move him to a spot with a bit less light or activity

Boundava
05-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Yeah I agree, he may be missing the light and view of his last location. Try to get him a bit more light and room. He may be threatened cause he can't see what's coming except from the front.