PDA

View Full Version : Mr Pink, the grumpy betta

Soot
05-13-2015, 07:55 PM
Introducing Mr Pink, my new betta!

He's moved into my small tank, following some discussion on another thread about what to do with my platies (moved them to my larger community tank). He will be sharing with shrimp, as he was in a shrimp tank in the shop so is used to little critters. Of course, there is no accounting for betta boredom, but he's been here since Saturday and so far so good.

His story is that he was in the cheapie betta section even though he came from the breeder (our store has plain betta which are 5/each or really nice betta which range in price as set by their breeder) because he has a bad under bite. So the shop assistant who knows me very well gave him to me for free because we both thought it was so funny and this fish was "pacing" the glass looking resentful. However it doesn't seem to bother him other than making him look like a grumpy sod. I love him! His colours are not great and he looks like a fabulous piranha, but he was free and he's mine and he bring some colour to my desk tank :D

So please welcome the permanently offended, grumpy, and slightly resentful Mr Pink

http://gallery.spak.org/d/27546-2/Mr+Pink+3.JPG

http://gallery.spak.org/d/27553-2/Mr+Pink+5.JPG

http://gallery.spak.org/d/27559-2/Mr+Pink+2.JPG

Isn't he the best?

Slaphppy7
05-13-2015, 08:03 PM
Very pretty boy!...beautiful coloring...and just FYI, they all have that "underbite" look to their mouths, it's a trait of the bettas...our Henry has the "grumpy" look, too!

Soot
05-13-2015, 08:05 PM
Very pretty boy!...beautiful coloring...and just FYI, they all have that "underbite" look to their mouths, it's a trait of the bettas...our Henry has the "grumpy" look, too!

Haha thank. I don't think the pictures do him justice - when he is next to the other bettas he just looks miserable, and I think because his jaw sort hangs half open the piranha face looks ridiculous compared to the others :p I think his colours are amazing, I love him - he's pink and shiny and wonderful ... the shop people were confused by my enthusiasm, however ...

I am secretly hoping he may grow into his shape yet as he's quite small ... could just be a runt, or could be young. You never know with these fish!

Slaphppy7
05-13-2015, 08:22 PM
HA!...maybe his "pout" is even poutier than most!

Who cares what the shop people think, LOL....you're excited about finding a new friend!

Congrats for the new addition!

RiversGirl
05-13-2015, 08:38 PM
Congratulations on your new fish! For free, no less -- that is awesome. A free, healthy fish. Yay you!
Mr Pink is one fortunate betta.

By the way, I think he is pretty also.

Soot
05-13-2015, 08:54 PM
I feel kinda blessed because he's my second free betta -- I had one two years ago, Nathaniel, who came with me because he was an old leftover at the shop. Perhaps the LFS guy has a little crush on me and wants to woo me with free fish?! ... (I hope not, he's only about 20!!)

RiversGirl
05-13-2015, 08:59 PM
I'm sure the fellow likes you -- a kind and knowledgeable customer who enjoys talking fish with him -- but perhaps he gives you some free ones on occasion because he likes to see fish go to a good, caring home.

Slaphppy7
05-13-2015, 09:00 PM
LOL....hey, you never know!

gronlaura
05-13-2015, 10:04 PM
I think Mr. Pink is pretty cool! I love his coloring. Lucky boy and a great find!

mommy1
05-13-2015, 10:34 PM
He is a pretty boy, even with his under bite.

Boundava
05-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Congrats on the free betta, and he is a very pretty boy. I haven't seen many pink bettas either so he has that as well as his very lovable mug.

Soot
05-14-2015, 07:59 PM
Thanks guys, I'm glad you like him!
He is proper barbie pink, love him!
Getting a bit bolder today as is was frozen bloodworm day which he probably hasn't much of, if ever. He says YES PLEASE.

Boundava
05-14-2015, 09:08 PM
I haven't met a betta who doesn't like bloodworms or peas...lol.