PDA

View Full Version : Better Fish with the Marble "Jumping" Gene!

c0rnucopia
03-11-2015, 07:48 PM
Hi guys!
I'd like to introduce you to my wonderful Betta fish Lester!
Two months ago I rescued Lester from a tiny cup at Petsmart, I was instantly drawn to his light pale pink color(it was identical to the color of an Albino Cory Catfish)

After returning home and placing him in his very own 20 gallon tank, I noticed he started to change color almost immediately. Within a week he was already changing into beautiful reds and pale blues. After some research, I came to the conclusion that Lester has the marble "jumping" gene. He is continuing to change even up to this very day.

I thought I'd share a picture of his progression of color in these past 2 months! (I apologize for the poor quality of the first picture.) And I assure you, this is the very same fish :)

Boundava
03-11-2015, 07:51 PM
Beautiful guy, never heard of that gene. I always had store-bought bettas improve in color. I attributed that to being in a better environment with better quality food.

c0rnucopia
03-11-2015, 07:54 PM
I thought that as well! I'm feeding him color enhancing flakes(as well as plenty of yummy treats) but I feel like this was just too much color change to be attributed with a normal color change. I'll post more pictures as he changes more :)

Slaphppy7
03-11-2015, 08:02 PM
Wow, that's quite a dramatic difference

showmebutterfly
03-11-2015, 08:54 PM
He's a gorgeous fish!