PDA

View Full Version : SMB's Salty Setups

Pages : 1 2 [3]

showmebutterfly
07-09-2015, 10:44 PM
Nice pic!....glad to hear the tanka are well...I haven't a clue on SW stocking, lol
Thank you. [emoji2]

I agree with Matt, great pic of your family, BTW I love your shirt!

I love the tank stocking list, I also don't do SW-but the stocking list sounds great. Sorry you lost your microswords to voracious fish-glad the crypts and Anubias are working out for you.
Thank you too! My oldest daughter (on the right) is a Twilight fan so I had to wear the shirt just for her benefit. lol

showmebutterfly
07-09-2015, 10:51 PM
I bought some chaeto, set up temporary lighting for the fuge and learned a valuable lesson today - always take your camera when you go to another fish keeper"s house. The guy I bought the chaeto from had the most beautiful SW tank that I have ever seen in person. It was 55 gallons of perfection. *sigh* If I ever go back to his house (it's in another town and he sells coral frags as well as chaeto) I will be darn sure to take my camera!

Slaphppy7
07-09-2015, 10:53 PM
Heck, give him a call and have him send you a FTS!

showmebutterfly
07-09-2015, 11:01 PM
Heck, give him a call and have him send you a FTS!
I may do that. Or message him on Facebook. He and I are on the same SW group there. Great place for swaps or asking where to find SW things locally.

Boundava
07-10-2015, 11:42 AM
Thank you. [emoji2]

Thank you too! My oldest daughter (on the right) is a Twilight fan so I had to wear the shirt just for her benefit. lol
See I am an Anne Rice vampire girl...so vampires definitely don't sparkle, lol.

Cliff
07-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Cheato is a good choice for macro algae

If it doesn't do very well in your set-up, there are other options as well

showmebutterfly
07-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Cheato is a good choice for macro algae

If it doesn't do very well in your set-up, there are other options as well

I have the chaeto in the modified AC70 HOB filter. I'm a little leery of putting any of it in the display tank since I've heard it's such a fast grower and can be invasive. The decorative algae I've been considering is some halimeda, a few varieties of gracilaria and maybe mermaid's fan and pinecone algae (but maybe not since those will need calcium).

The ammonia and nitrites are staying at zero. The nitrates have started coming down. I think the chaeto is helping with that some, but I went ahead and did a PWC too. I know I want to avoid the rocks absorbing nitrates.

Cliff
07-11-2015, 04:19 PM
The decorative algae I've been considering is some halimeda, a few varieties of gracilaria and maybe mermaid's fan and pinecone algae (but maybe not since those will need calcium).

It won't consume any more calcium than a tank full of coraline will. 20% weekly water changes with a good quality salt that gives you ~450ppm of calcium at a salinity of 1.026 should be able to easily support a few pinecone macros and still keep all levels stable without dosing

showmebutterfly
07-11-2015, 04:27 PM
It won't consume any more calcium than a tank full of coraline will. 20% weekly water changes with a good quality salt that gives you ~450ppm of calcium at a salinity of 1.026 should be able to easily support a few pinecone macros and still keep all levels stable without dosing
Excellent. I am happy to learn that. My family did a lot of camping on the weekend when I was growing up and when I first saw the pinecone algae I thought they looked neat and tied in with a lot of good family memories. :-)

RiversGirl
07-11-2015, 04:42 PM
My family did a lot of camping on the weekend when I was growing up and when I first saw the pinecone algae I thought they looked neat and tied in with a lot of good family memories. :-)

The nicest sort of reason to have/utilize something specific -- happy memories! I'm delighted for you, that this is going to work well.

showmebutterfly
07-22-2015, 10:37 PM
Not much going on with the tank. Still just dosing ammonia periodically. The chaeto seems to be doing well in the HOB filter with the light that the hubs and I rigged up. I've been doing some research and read that while chaeto can be fast growing, it generally isn't invasive, so I'm considering putting half of it in the tank with the rocks to add some color there and see how it does with the lighting I have (50/50 bulbs). I've been hanging back with buying any critters yet. Partly because the days seem to be passing too quickly and I can never quite get done everything I want or need to get done. And partly because I'm nervous about messing up. I'll find time and nerves eventually. I hope. (blush)

Slaphppy7
07-22-2015, 10:44 PM
Even though not much happening, thanks for the update. I don't post here much, but I do read it when I can. SW just seems foreign to me, for some reason.

If I ever delve into it, this thread will be my go-to for my noobster self.

Speaking of Cheetos and growth, I saw a bag not long ago at work someone had thrown in the trash, and it must have been out of date, because the remaining Cheetos needed a shave.

showmebutterfly
07-25-2015, 07:57 PM
I don't know if it came in on the live rock or on the algae, but I think it's some type of brittle starfish. It scared me when it moved, but I must have scared it right back, because it moved pretty quickly to a hiding spot!

Cliff
07-25-2015, 08:10 PM
Yup, that looks like a brittle star fish for sure

Its very common to find them in all marine set-ups, just as common as pods actually

They are harmless and a little entertaining to watch when your able to see them

showmebutterfly
07-25-2015, 08:45 PM
Yup, that looks like a brittle star fish for sure

Its very common to find them in all marine set-ups, just as common as pods actually

They are harmless and a little entertaining to watch when your able to see them

It found a hidey hole in one of the rocks. It's probably pretty close to a miracle that I not only saw it, but also was able to get a few pictures. It was clinging to the part of the algae that I had tucked into a rock to hold it in place. I didn't like how the algae looked in that spot so I picked it up to move it and thought some of it had died off and turned brown. I was about to reach over and pull off the brown part when it started moving! Jeez. My poor old heart. lol

Boundava
07-26-2015, 09:03 PM
Sorry you had a scare, but how neat is that to find that in the live rock. Nice freebie, I have seen those for sale in the LFS...don't remember the cost-but free is always better.

Slaphppy7
07-26-2015, 09:07 PM
That is really, really cool.

Although I find SW to be daunting and complicated compared to FW, if I ever did delve into it, the hitch hikers would be my favorite thing in the tank, lol....just a sudden appearance of some living creature that was never expected fascinates me.

showmebutterfly
07-26-2015, 09:31 PM
Sorry you had a scare, but how neat is that to find that in the live rock. Nice freebie, I have seen those for sale in the LFS...don't remember the cost-but free is always better.
Free is the best price. :) I hope I'll get to see it again sooner or later.

That is really, really cool.

Although I find SW to be daunting and complicated compared to FW, if I ever did delve into it, the hitch hikers would be my favorite thing in the tank, lol....just a sudden appearance of some living creature that was never expected fascinates me.
It's not more difficult than FW. Just a bit more expensive. lol
I'm glad it was something safe and peaceful that showed up instead of something nasty.

Slaphppy7
07-26-2015, 09:39 PM
Yeah, the hitch hikers I referred to were of the good kind, not the nasties, lol...though they'd probably fascinate me too...in someone else's tank of course

Boundava
07-26-2015, 10:49 PM
Yeah I have heard of the nasties that can come with live rock-they would definitely make sleeping hard-mu subconscious would be telling me to wake up and look to see what is out in the dark and try and remove them before they eat my (very expensive SW) fish.

SeaLady
07-27-2015, 12:58 AM
Caught up again! This has been a fascinating journal! Congrats on your progress so far. And to have a little starfish, unexpectedly, is awesome! Well done! Now...on to the FISH!! :salute:

SeaLady
07-27-2015, 01:00 AM
sorry got posted twice....so..nevermind

showmebutterfly
07-27-2015, 01:04 AM
Caught up again! Fascinating journal as I know nothing about SW and its always good to learn about something new. And to find a little starfish! Awesome! Well done...now on to the fish! thumbs2:
Hopefully I'll be adding something or other next weekend. :)

cm12setx
07-27-2015, 01:12 AM
Can't wait to see what pretty little critters you pick out.

showmebutterfly
07-30-2015, 09:56 PM
Today I am thankful for YouTube videos - my protein skimmer was filling up with water and having to be dumped every few hours. Now I know how to adjust it so that it (hopefully) fills up with scuz instead of water.

I'm noticing that the glass and rocks are looking a bit dirty. It's time to start thinking about getting my clean up crew started. I may be getting some shrimps and snails this weekend.

The chaeto that I put in the tank is showing some growth. Don King's hairdo comes to mind whenever I look at it. Weird things that make me smile... lol

cm12setx
07-30-2015, 10:51 PM
Looks good. A little cheia pet hair do. Lol

gronlaura
07-30-2015, 11:08 PM
ROFL! In the first photo it does look like Don King, with green hair, peeking out from behind the rocks! Too funny. Tank's looking good.

showmebutterfly
08-01-2015, 11:57 PM
Today's trip to our LFS was a little disappointing. I did buy 3 margarita snails and 2 peppermint shrimp. They didn't have any nassarius, nerite, cerith or trochus snails. I'd like to get a few of each of those eventually.

They had plenty ocellaris clownfish, but I want to add one of those last since it's likely to be the most aggressive. They usually have a few yellowstriped cardinalfish, but today they had nada. They had a cute bicolor blenny, but it was acting a bit weird as it kept swimming to the surface and looked like it was gulping air. I didn't know if that was normal for them so I figured I'd better pass on him. They had a Hector goby, but I wasn't sure I wanted one of those, although they are one that I'd been looking at online. They had a super cute barnacle blenny, but it was tiny! If it had been bigger I probably would have gotten it. I was just afraid, with it being so small, that it might not make it in my fairly new tank. Nothing else I saw that was tempting.

Slaphppy7
08-02-2015, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the update, keep your chin up....you'll find the fish you want, one way or another.

Kudos to you for not making impulse buys.

When do we get to see the snails and shrimp?

showmebutterfly
08-02-2015, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the update, keep your chin up....you'll find the fish you want, one way or another.

Kudos to you for not making impulse buys.

When do we get to see the snails and shrimp?

Maybe I'll be able to get a pic tomorrow - if they're not hiding. :ssmile:

showmebutterfly
08-02-2015, 03:02 AM
Peppermint shrimp

Smaller peppermint shrimp

Margarita snail

Margarita trio

cm12setx
08-02-2015, 03:14 AM
Congratulations on new shrimp and snails!:19: good pics too.

showmebutterfly
08-02-2015, 03:16 AM
Congratulations on new shrimp and snails!:19: good pics too.
Thank you, Chris! I'm happy to be getting additions to this tank. :)

Marty.h
08-02-2015, 10:46 AM
It's coming together :)

I love watching my clean up crew how they go about there daily mission of finding something to nibble on it will keep you ammused for hours

Hermits are amusing when you put a good selection of shells in I put all mine behind the rocks and you will then suddenly see a shell moving about that you not seen before as one the hermits changed home.

showmebutterfly
08-02-2015, 01:10 PM
It's coming together :)

I love watching my clean up crew how they go about there daily mission of finding something to nibble on it will keep you ammused for hours

Hermits are amusing when you put a good selection of shells in I put all mine behind the rocks and you will then suddenly see a shell moving about that you not seen before as one the hermits changed home.
The shrimp seem like busy little guys! And they've colored up a bit more. Hopefully they weren't too stressed from getting a new home.

I haven't decided yet whether or not I want to get any hermits. Do you buy the extra shells from the LFS? I wouldn't want them attacking my snails for their shells.

Marty.h
08-02-2015, 01:34 PM
Yeah my LFS does spare shells I just plonked a load in behind the rocks they will soon find them

Cliff
08-02-2015, 02:38 PM
I haven't decided yet whether or not I want to get any hermits. Do you buy the extra shells from the LFS? I wouldn't want them attacking my snails for their shells.

Yes, most LFS that sell marine critters can get some in for you if they don't stock. Just make sure they are all bigger than the current shell being used by the hermit. I got mine form a local craft store once I was able to verify they were not coated with anything. For a tank your size, I would only suggest one hermit (almost I don't think you would really need one). They need a lot to eat and they will fight over food. Also, if you are considering a hermit, I would suggest a Halloween hermit crab. They are the least aggressive of the hermits

Slaphppy7
08-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Nice pics smb, again congrats on finally having critters in the tank.

No comment on the hermit crabs :14:

cm12setx
08-03-2015, 12:41 AM
Matt, just breathe you willl get over it some day.:14:

Slaphppy7
08-03-2015, 12:52 AM
Inhale.....exhale....

Inhale...exhale...

Inhale....exhale...

showmebutterfly
08-03-2015, 12:54 AM
Out of respect for Matt, I vow to steer clear of hermit crabs in my 20g tank. :)

Slaphppy7
08-03-2015, 01:08 AM
LOL...thanks for the compassion, I don't get it at home, that's for sure!

Sorry for hijacking the thread over "land" hermits anyway, "sea" ones have always been fine with me

As a kid, we'd vacation at the coast (an hour away) every summer, and I'd always try to bring them home with me, because I was fascinated with them.

More than once, they were left in the trunk of the car, forgotten, and created an ungodly stench a day or two later, in the searing Texas summer sun.

Hmmmm...any mental health professionals here?...maybe I have some sort of childhood trauma issue with hermit crabs....and the trouble they got me into...

showmebutterfly
08-03-2015, 01:13 AM
No problem with the hijacking. I try not to get tickled by your hermit crab trauma and the 20 long episode. But I have to admit I giggle a bit every time it's mentioned. Sorry buddy!

Slaphppy7
08-03-2015, 01:17 AM
Again, thanks, I'll be able to sleep tonight...maybe

LOL, all kidding aside, I am looking forward to seeing your HC's in action

Will you know when they moult, and begin to look for a bigger shell?...or does it all happen under the cover of darkness?...that which would be my guess, but you're the SW expert here, not me

showmebutterfly
08-03-2015, 01:20 AM
Again, thanks, I'll be able to sleep tonight...maybe

LOL, all kidding aside, I am looking forward to seeing your HC's in action

Will you know when they moult, and begin to look for a bigger shell?...or does it all happen under the cover of darkness?...that which would be my guess, but you're the SW expert here, not me
Oh. I don't plan on getting any HC. Maybe Marty or Cliff can answer that about the molting. :)

Slaphppy7
08-03-2015, 01:59 AM
Sorry, I was thinking of what I read in another SW thread.

See how confusing SW is?? :14:

Cliff
08-03-2015, 02:25 AM
They do not always switch shells when they molt, only when their current shell is no longer big enough for them

Slaphppy7
08-03-2015, 02:30 AM
I see.

But they exit the current shell they are in to moult, correct?

If so, what happens if another HC moves into the shell in the meantime, during the moulting process??

Cliff
08-03-2015, 02:46 AM
I see.

But they exit the current shell they are in to moult, correct?

If so, what happens if another HC moves into the shell in the meantime, during the moulting process??

It's a pretty quick process for these guys. If another hermit crab wants their shell, they won't wait for the current occupant to molt. They will try to pull the crab out so they can take the shell. Most of the time, the smaller crab will not survive the battle. Hermit crabs can get very very aggressive towards each other when they can not find bigger empty shells they need, or when there is not a lot of food for them.

Slaphppy7
08-03-2015, 02:51 AM
Wow, they don't fool around, do they?

I would imagine that in the ocean, there's lots of competition and population....and room to expand.

But in a tank, resources are limited.

So, next question, is it best to keep just 1 HC in a SW tank, regardless of the size of the tank?

Cliff
08-03-2015, 03:28 AM
I'm not too sure if there is a rule of thumb to use that actually works as that would vary greatly from tank to tank. It really depends on how much "stuff" is in the tank for them to eat combined with the room / size of tank and what else you have for a clean up crew. I have seen 75 gallon tanks that could support 4 of them while I would not think about putting more than 1 in my 180 gallon tank.

Start with one, see how it goes. If there is still a lot of "stuff" to clean up, add another one. When you see a lot of fighting or the hermits start going after snails, try removing one of them. Just a matter of finding the exact balance for your set-up.

What I can tell you for sure is that all the recommendations that you can find on line based on the size (in gallons) of the tank to tell you how many hermits to add could not be more wrong.

Slaphppy7
08-03-2015, 12:56 PM
Thanks Cliff, interesting stuff.

showmebutterfly
08-06-2015, 02:34 PM
I'm down at least 1 margarita snail, one is either really lazy or in a coma, the 3rd moves every now and then. One of the shrimp took care of cleaning out the shell of the dead snail. Gross to me, but good for the tank, I suppose.

Parameters are zero ammonia, zero nitrites and around 2ppm nitrates. I did a pwc, emptied out and cleaned the protein skimmer cup (it's starting to collect brownish water and some gunk),cleaned out the HOB filter and rinsed out the chaeto that I keep in there (judging by the gunk I rinsed out of that it's doing a good job of acting as a filter).

Even though I haven't seen the snails or shrimp doing much cleaning, I noticed that the front glass looks cleaner. I'm getting some brown algae on the sand and on the rocks. Hopefully I'll find some critters to help clean that up. I'm going to try to check around locally for some different snails to help clean the tank. I may get some different macro algae and / or a fish today or this weekend, if I can find any of the ones on my short list (other than the clownfish, which will get added last).

Boundava
08-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Well, I have been MIA most of the week, but happy to read you got some clean up crew-sad that some of the snails didn't make it. Those are some cute shrimp, and I am glad that Shrimp and Co. are doing a good job cleaning the tank.

showmebutterfly
08-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Well, I have been MIA most of the week, but happy to read you got some clean up crew-sad that some of the snails didn't make it. Those are some cute shrimp, and I am glad that Shrimp and Co. are doing a good job cleaning the tank.

Thank you, Boundava! Sometimes I have to really look for the shrimp to find them. When I first got them they were all over the tank. Now they've settled in and have found spots where they can just hang out and filter feed and do whatever it is that shrimp do. lol

Slaphppy7
08-06-2015, 03:06 PM
Speaking of cleaner shrimp.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8axoQiDSG9Y

showmebutterfly
08-06-2015, 03:54 PM
Speaking of cleaner shrimp.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8axoQiDSG9Y

No. Just No. I can't even think of anything else to say. No.

Boundava
08-06-2015, 04:12 PM
I can think of one word...

WRONG

or maybe;

WHY

how bout;

EEEWWWWWW

:questionmarks::scratchheadblue:

Slaphppy7
08-06-2015, 04:14 PM
:hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry, couldn't resist....my question is, how long does he go w/out brushing his teeth to feed the little rascals??

showmebutterfly
08-06-2015, 04:21 PM
Puke puke puke. Ugh!!

On to happier thoughts - I got a email that petco is having a 3 day 30% off sale on fish, live plants and invertebrates (freshwater and saltwater). Looks like I may be going to Branson today.

Boundava
08-06-2015, 04:22 PM
:tmi: 'nuf said.

Slaphppy7
08-06-2015, 04:31 PM
Hey, maybe it was Cheetos, like smb uses in her tank!

Boundava
08-06-2015, 04:52 PM
Puke puke puke. Ugh!!

On to happier thoughts - I got a email that petco is having a 3 day 30% off sale on fish, live plants and invertebrates (freshwater and saltwater). Looks like I may be going to Branson today.

Ooo, I have to see what they have. Wish it would reflect at liveaquaria.com since petco bought out Dr. Foster and Smith.

showmebutterfly
08-06-2015, 04:59 PM
Ooo, I have to see what they have. Wish it would reflect at liveaquaria.com since petco bought out Dr. Foster and Smith.
I saw that they were now linked with liveaquaria, but didn't know they'd bought them out. Hoping this means petco might have better selections. There was macro algae at liveaquaria that I was thinking about ordering...

Boundava
08-06-2015, 05:22 PM
I would assume Petco is limited with the floor space and i would assume selling what the majority wants to buy. They won't want to get a fish that sits for a couple weeks.

showmebutterfly
08-06-2015, 09:50 PM
They must have gotten hit hard and heavy when the store opened today for the first day of the sale. The fish selection was pretty slim.

I did get 3 cerith snails and a nerite snail there. I resisted purchasing a fish. Although the firefish and tiny green clown goby were tempting.

I got 3 nassarius snails here in town to add to the mix. I probably won't make any more additions to the clean up crew, unless I get a couple more nitrites.

One of these days I'll actually add fish! :)

cm12setx
08-07-2015, 12:58 AM
I was at our local petco yesterday. And was totally surprised too see two seahorses. Not to sing praises but they are really stepping up their game with fresh and salt water fish. And live corals they just installed a frag tank too.

showmebutterfly
08-07-2015, 01:54 AM
The one I went to today had a lot of frags. I was looking at the red mushroom corals more than I should have been, but did manage to resist temptation there.
They had several anemone in stock. I will probably eventually end up with one from somewhere. Dad was planning on putting one in his tank. I had decided not to have one after having read up on them. My mom, of all people, who doesn't particularly get the whole mts deal and who didn't want dad to get a SW tank, went on and on about how I have to have an anemone, you can't have a SW tank without an anemone, the clownfish are so cute to watch when they play in the anemone. Seriously. On and on about it. I thought she was going to cry and I felt so bad! So I said I might get one eventually. *sigh*

Cliff
08-07-2015, 02:40 PM
Is this a 20 or 29 gallon tank ?

showmebutterfly
08-07-2015, 02:48 PM
Is this a 20 or 29 gallon tank ?
20g high. I will upgrade to the 40B in a few years when my cichlids are done with that tank. I don't plan on trying an anemone until I have a bigger tank. Eventually. :)

showmebutterfly
08-09-2015, 12:06 AM
I have been looking for a cardinalfish for the SW tank. I knew I wanted one of those to go with the clownfish, just because of their name - dad was a big fan of the St Louis Cardinals. I was initially thinking either a red cardinalfish (because of the STL cards colors) or a yellowstriped cardinalfish (just because I thought they were pretty).

Today I drove to a little LFS in a town about 30 or so miles away. I'd been messaging with the owner on his store's FB page about what he had in stock and mentioned that I was looking for a cardinalfish. He sent me a pic of a cute little fish that he was calling a Picket Fence cardinalfish. A quick web search revealed that the fish he sent me a pic of was not a Picket Fence, but it was still cute, so off I went. I spent an hour and a half looking at the fish and looking online on my phone. I still haven't figured out what kind of cardinalfish it is, but it came home with me and I am happy to see it swimming around in my tank. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow, after it has settled in some.

Meanwhile here's the pic that the LFS owner sent me:

showmebutterfly
08-09-2015, 04:28 PM
Nassarius snails being acclimated

Nassarius investigating empty margarita snail shell

Nerite

Cerith

showmebutterfly
08-09-2015, 04:32 PM
My first SW fish - he likes hanging out in the cave / tunnel that the hubs created out of the rocks.

Slaphppy7
08-09-2015, 05:35 PM
Congrats on the new inhabitants!

showmebutterfly
08-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Congrats on the new inhabitants!
Thank you, Matt. :) If all goes well I'll add a clownfish in a couple weeks!

Slaphppy7
08-09-2015, 05:43 PM
Awesome!....I'm sure Cliff will chime in and let you know what kind of fish you have....he's a cutie!

About how big is he?

showmebutterfly
08-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Awesome!....I'm sure Cliff will chime in and let you know what kind of fish you have....he's a cutie!

About how big is he?

He's probably a couple inches long, including the tail fin. I think I've decided to just have the cardinalfish and a clownfish. I'll eventually add some more macro algae and maybe some mushroom corals or other easy to keep soft corals. But I'm in no rush for those additions.

showmebutterfly
08-10-2015, 02:14 PM
I think my cardinal fish may be the Broadstriped cardinal Apogon angustatus. I know it came from a place called Quality Marine and that it was mislabeled as the Picket Fence Cardinal Apogon oxina (which it looks nothing like).

This looks the most like my fish - http://www.recif-france.com/Database/280.htm

Boundava
08-10-2015, 02:18 PM
What a pretty fish!

Compass
08-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Cool fish! At first I was confused because I am only familiar with the banggai and pajama cardinalfish. I like the little guy you have there.

showmebutterfly
08-10-2015, 05:57 PM
Cool fish! At first I was confused because I am only familiar with the banggai and pajama cardinalfish. I like the little guy you have there.
Thank you, Rob. There are many different cardinalfish. There are some that look like mine, but are yellow / orange and white striped instead of black / brown and white striped. I was initially thinking about getting one of those until I saw this one. They're peaceful fish. Mine seems pretty laid back. :)

Compass
08-10-2015, 06:08 PM
:hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry, couldn't resist....my question is, how long does he go w/out brushing his teeth to feed the little rascals??

I know I'm super late to this. But I can see myself with my face down in my tank. The wife walks in;

Sherry - "What.... are .... you doing?"

*pulls head out of tank *

Me- "Oh nothing, just getting my teeth brushed. These shrimp do the best job and the salt water helps my gums"

And that friends is the story about how I ended up divorced.

showmebutterfly
08-10-2015, 06:19 PM
I know I'm super late to this. But I can see myself with my face down in my tank. The wife walks in;

Me- "Oh nothing, just getting my teeth brushed. These shrimp do the best job and the salt water helps my gums"

Keep your head above water and you and your marriage will be fine. :)

Boundava
08-10-2015, 06:32 PM

:lmao: hilarious!

gronlaura
08-10-2015, 10:39 PM
Your head above water is always a good idea!!! Too funny!

That is one pretty fish, SMB.

showmebutterfly
08-10-2015, 10:44 PM
Your head above water is always a good idea!!! Too funny!

That is one pretty fish, SMB.
Thank you, Laura!

showmebutterfly
10-18-2015, 06:47 PM
Dang, it's been a while since I've posted an update, but there hasn't been much going on with my SW tank. My cardinal fish seems to be doing well. He's a good eater at any rate! I haven't gotten around to getting a clownfish yet, but that's still on my to-do list. I took the chaeto algae out of the tank today - pieces of it kept breaking off and clogging up the HOB and circulation pumps and I was tired of having to clean them off every few days. I still have chaeto in the fuge for filtration. My rocks are turning pink with what I hope is the beginnings of coralline algae. I also have some red bubble algae growing on the live rocks that I bought. I tried to get some pictures of the rocks - the cardinal had to come out of his hidey hole to photo bomb. :-)

RiversGirl
10-18-2015, 06:56 PM
Hi SMB! It is good to see you.
Thanks for the update on this tank.

Boundava
10-19-2015, 06:08 PM
Thanks for checking in, we've been missing you!

Slaphppy7
10-19-2015, 06:38 PM
Agreed, good to hear from you again

showmebutterfly
10-19-2015, 06:41 PM
Thank you! I hope to start doing better with staying connected. I miss y'all, all the interaction and seeing everyone's tanks.

showmebutterfly
11-07-2015, 09:37 PM
My new Ocellaris clownfish. I've named him Junior, for my dad. :-)

My striped cardinalfish, Spot and Junior getting to know each other.

My new and unhappy green mushroom coral.

My new and very unhappy red mushroom coral.

RiversGirl
11-07-2015, 09:39 PM
Congratulations on our new additions! You've picked a beautiful fish.
It is great to see you, SMB.

showmebutterfly
11-07-2015, 09:42 PM
Congratulations on our new additions! You've picked a beautiful fish.
It is great to see you, SMB.

Thank you, Rivers! I'm going to try to spend this afternoon catching up on everyone's tanks! :-)

Slaphppy7
11-07-2015, 11:59 PM
Cool newbies, congrats!

Hope your corals come around soon...I didn't know they could get "cranky" until MartyH told us about it on his thread.

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 12:08 AM
Cool newbies, congrats!

Hope your corals come around soon...I didn't know they could get "cranky" until MartyH told us about it on his thread.
Thank you. It's funny to watch the clownfish swim. It reminds me of a dog wagging it's tail.
I hope the corals will settle in nicely. The red one is slowly opening up. The green one had fully opened, but then closed again. I think cranky is a good word for them.

Slaphppy7
11-08-2015, 12:17 AM
Get us a vid of that clown swimming action when you can

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 01:28 AM
Some more pics.... the green mushroom coral is open and showing off and I had a peppermint shrimp sighting! :)

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 02:32 AM
Just a short little video of the tank. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdlYLFQIExc

Cliff
11-08-2015, 02:47 AM
Looks like the tank is doing well

You should expect that mushroom to do well. Once it gets big enough, you could frag it and get a lot of mushroom doing well

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 03:08 AM
Looks like the tank is doing well

You should expect that mushroom to do well. Once it gets big enough, you could frag it and get a lot of mushroom doing well
Thank you, Cliff. I'm really enjoying my little tank. I hope that you are feeling well again.

Boundava
11-08-2015, 06:06 AM
Junior is beautiful and loving the current-and Spot is too cute! Hope they work it out, and Spot is okay sharing his digs with Junior. What a beautiful color on the mushroom coral. Thank you for that video.

Marty.h
11-08-2015, 11:21 AM
Looking good that mushroom will soon get big as it's surprising how a small a very large mushroom can go when moody. Once settle you will start to notice them spreading.

Do you only have the one clown in there as they do much better in pairs.

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 12:34 PM
Junior is beautiful and loving the current-and Spot is too cute! Hope they work it out, and Spot is okay sharing his digs with Junior. What a beautiful color on the mushroom coral. Thank you for that video.
Thank you, Boundava. Junior is wagging around on the other side of the tank this morning, playing in the current from the HOB filter / refugium. I didn't see him eat last night so I'm hoping he'll have an appetite this evening.
I really like the green mushroom and it's looking like it is happy with the spot I chose for it. The red mushroom still hasn't opened up. I may end up moving it to a different spot to see if that will help.

Marty.h
11-08-2015, 12:38 PM
Low flow and on the bottom is best place I have found for mushrooms mine have always done better there and open up well

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 12:39 PM
Looking good that mushroom will soon get big as it's surprising how a small a very large mushroom can go when moody. Once settle you will start to notice them spreading.

Do you only have the one clown in there as they do much better in pairs.
Thank you, Marty. I just have the one clown. The tank is 20 gallons and I'd rather under stock than over stock. Plus I've read that mated pairs of clownfish can be aggressive toward tank mates and I'd like to avoid aggression issues, if possible.

Marty.h
11-08-2015, 12:42 PM
Mine ( true percula ) shows no agression if it was tomato clowns you have then yes I would agree they can get very agressive but the ones you have no unless they hosting something then they will only get moody if a fish comes close to it but they won't go chasing fish round the tank me personally would add another this will then allow then to act naturally and the bioload from a clown is very minimal :)

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Low flow and on the bottom is best place I have found for mushrooms mine have always done better there and open up well

Your mushrooms look great. But you probably have much better lighting than I do. I have 2 incandescent 50/50 bulbs. I can't remember if they're 10 or 15 watts each. I know it's not ideal lighting for a reef tank, but I'm not interested in upgrading the lights for now. I mostly like the soft corals. If I can manage a few of those with the setup I already have then I'll be happy. :)

Marty.h
11-08-2015, 12:47 PM
You not able to get at least some T5's on there the difference will be massive and cost very minimal using T5's

:)

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 12:55 PM
Mine ( true percula ) shows no agression if it was tomato clowns you have then yes I would agree they can get very agressive but the ones you have no unless they hosting something then they will only get moody if a fish comes close to it but they won't go chasing fish round the tank me personally would add another this will then allow then to act naturally and the bioload from a clown is very minimal :)
I'll give it some thought. The store had 2 percula in one tank and 2 ocellaris in the tank beside it. It was nice to have them side by side to compare them, but it was hard to chose between them! In the end I went with the ocellaris because I believe that's the kind my dad was thinking about getting for the nano tank he had wanted to get.

Marty.h
11-08-2015, 12:56 PM
If they still have the one it was originally with would be good to get that one as they probably already started to bond it's funny when you watch the male do his little shake dance submitting to the female truly facinating :)

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 12:57 PM
You not able to get at least some T5's on there the difference will be massive and cost very minimal using T5's

:)
If / when I ugrade the lights I will probably go with T5s.
The red mushroom decided to finally open. Maybe I won't have to move it after all. :)

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 01:02 PM
If they still have the one it was originally with would be good to get that one as they probably already started to bond it's funny when you watch the male do his little shake dance submitting to the female truly facinating :)
That's what I'm thinking - if I get a 2nd one it would be good to have Junior's original tank mate. That gives me tonight to sleep on the decision since my LFS is closed today.

Marty.h
11-08-2015, 01:04 PM
You will honestly see there true characters come out when together I'm surprised you LFS did not reccomended the pair to you.

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 01:19 PM
You will honestly see there true characters come out when together I'm surprised you LFS did not reccomended the pair to you.
They recommended, but when I expressed my concerns about over stocking they didn't press the issue. Which is good, because I don't deal well with feeling pressured by sales people. They were helpful and patient with me trying to decide whether or not to try having some soft corals.

Marty.h
11-08-2015, 01:21 PM
Sounds like you have a good LFS soft corals do prefer dirtier water (High Nutrient) it's gets more tricky when you mix LPS and SPS into the equation trying to keep them all happy.

But I can assure you a clowns bioload is small and you would not even notice the difference adding one more :)

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Sounds like you have a good LFS soft corals do prefer dirtier water (High Nutrient) it's gets more tricky when you mix LPS and SPS into the equation trying to keep them all happy.

But I can assure you a clowns bioload is small and you would not even notice the difference adding one more :)
I love our LFS. They helped me out (and were patient with me) when I was trying to decide what cichlids I wanted for my cichlid tank. They have great selection as far as SW fish and cichlids, but could have a better selection of other FW fish.
I will likely stick with just the mushroom corals. I like trying to keep things simple. Eventually I want to add a few varieties of macro algae.

Marty.h
11-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Kenyan trees are also a very to easy look after coral and GSP (green star polyp) also does well and easy to look after this is GSP

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/220gtiturbo/20151102_185254_zps8ltcns1o.jpg

It grows really fast and adds some good colour :)

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 01:45 PM
Kenyan trees are also a very to easy look after coral and GSP (green star polyp) also does well and easy to look after this is GSP

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/220gtiturbo/20151102_185254_zps8ltcns1o.jpg

It grows really fast and adds some good colour :)
That is beautiful!

Marty.h
11-08-2015, 01:48 PM
You could easily have that in your tank :)

As well as already said a kenyan tree

http://www.liveaquaria.com/images/categories/product/p-91986-kenya-tree-coral-ORA.jpg

Colt coral is another
http://thereefemporium.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/coralcolt_28133.jpg

Again they all softies and very easy to keep :)

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 01:51 PM
I'll keep those in mind for when I upgrade from the 20g to a 40B in a few years. lol

Slaphppy7
11-08-2015, 03:08 PM
Go get the other clown!

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 04:42 PM
Let's make sure I don't kill Junior first. Spot and the 'shrooms are looking good this morning, but Junior has been swimming a little wonky (kind of listing toward the side). I tested the water using both API and Salifert test kits. Everything was perfect except for the nitrates. Those were closer to 20 than they should be. I just did a PWC and hope that will lower the nitrates. I also hope that it didn't stress Junior out more since he's probably a bit stressed from the move and new surroundings. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I did the right thing!

Marty.h
11-08-2015, 04:43 PM
He will be more stressed being on his own but if you pick his partner up I'm sure he will be over the moon :)

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 04:49 PM
Geez! Peer pressure! lol If Junior starts doing better and seems to be doing well when I get home from work tomorrow, and if the LFS still has his tank mate (NO, I will not call and ask them to hold him) I'll go get his buddy. How's that?

RiversGirl
11-08-2015, 05:15 PM
I enjoyed your video, and hearing your voice. Thank you for posting it.

No one is wishing to give you pressure, I think. I think that Marty is only trying to help guide you in the best care for this fish.

You know a whole lot more about salties than I, and Marty knows even more so.

I'm very glad for you that you have a great LFS too.

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 05:17 PM
I enjoyed your video, and hearing your voice. Thank you for posting it.
Thank you, Rivers. :)

Slaphppy7
11-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Geez! Peer pressure! lol If Junior starts doing better and seems to be doing well when I get home from work tomorrow, and if the LFS still has his tank mate (NO, I will not call and ask them to hold him) I'll go get his buddy. How's that?

Fair enough...I too was glad to hear a voice to go with a username :ssmile:

Call in sick tomorrow, and hit the LFS first thing...there's a nasty bug going around, take my word for it

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 05:21 PM
Fair enough...I too was glad to hear a voice to go with a username :ssmile:

Call in sick tomorrow, and hit the LFS first thing...there's a nasty bug going around, take my word for it

Thank you, Matt. :)

Slaphppy7
11-08-2015, 05:23 PM
I can hear you sneezing from here....bless you

Marty.h
11-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Haha I can picture his mate now in the LFS looking for him :(

Time to pull on the heart strings haha

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 05:32 PM
I guess I'd forgotten (repressed memory?) what a bunch of enablers we are on here! You guys are terrible. lol

Slaphppy7
11-08-2015, 05:33 PM
It's very sad, indeed

Seperation anxiety can have devastating consequences, smb...only you can make things better

I wonder, do fish cry?......:14:

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 05:43 PM
I'm changing the subject. I bought an Eshopps nano skimmer, but it's not working very well for me. I think it's probably made more for rimless tanks. I can't seem to get it adjusted to bubble properly with the rim of my tank in the way. Any ideas or suggestions for a skimmer that will work better with a standard 20 gallon tank? If it would also work well on a 40B tank, that would be a bonus. Or suggestions on how to rig the Eshopps to work better on my tank?

Marty.h
11-08-2015, 06:29 PM
If its new all skimmers have a break in period before they work properly and some skimmers take more time then others if it's new give it some time :)

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 06:53 PM
If its new all skimmers have a break in period before they work properly and some skimmers take more time then others if it's new give it some time :)

I've had it running for 2-3 months. I guess I'll give it a little bit more time and work on adjusting the height to get the best results. It seems to throw off a lot of tiny bubbles whenever I start it back up after emptying the cup or cleaning the skimmer. I guess I'm concerned that the bubbles could harm the fish somehow. When it's running properly it doesn't give off the bubbles and the cup doesn't have to be emptied every day.

Marty.h
11-08-2015, 07:26 PM
When ever you clean it or add food to tank or put your hands in the tank you alter the surface tention of the water and most skimmers will have a hissy fit.

The bubbles cannot harm the fish :)

showmebutterfly
11-08-2015, 07:36 PM
When ever you clean it or add food to tank or put your hands in the tank you alter the surface tention of the water and most skimmers will have a hissy fit.

The bubbles cannot harm the fish :)
So skimmers are crankier than corals. Good to know. Also good to know that the bubbles aren't harmful. Thank you. :)

Marty.h
11-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Skimmers are very temperamental mine sometimes has no head on it (as in no bubbles coming up) simply because there is nothing to skim out

gronlaura
11-09-2015, 10:12 PM
Very nice. Congrats on the newbies!

showmebutterfly
11-09-2015, 10:48 PM
Very nice. Congrats on the newbies!
Thank you, Laura! I hope you and your fishies are doing well. :)

gronlaura
11-09-2015, 11:51 PM
Thank you! We are doing very well. The longer I have my tanks, the happier I am!

showmebutterfly
11-10-2015, 06:19 PM
Junior seems to be doing well and was out swimming in the open some yesterday evening and this morning. I didn't make it back to the LFS yesterday since I had a meeting last night that I wanted to attend. But I did call them today after they opened to ask about Junior's former tank mate. The guy I talked to said they do still have an oscellaris in stock and he believes it's the one I was asking about. (On Saturday there was Junior and his buddy in one tank and a single ocellaris with a split in it's tail in another tank. Someone had brought that one back because it was getting picked on in their tank.) Hopefully the one that is still there is the one that was Junior's tank mate because I've asked them to hold him for me. He said they would. I'll be heading to the LFS after I get off work at 4pm today and bringing home Junior's buddy. :)

:goldfish: :goldfish:

Slaphppy7
11-10-2015, 06:34 PM
Great!....can't wait to see how the reunion goes for them

RiversGirl
11-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Terrific news! I really enjoy this thread of yours because I learn all sorts of new stuff.

showmebutterfly
11-10-2015, 07:36 PM
Saltwater tanks are fun. You and Matt should each get one! Everybody should get one! lol

RiversGirl
11-10-2015, 07:40 PM
How about I enjoy yours... ?

That said, I really do want another tank.

showmebutterfly
11-10-2015, 11:57 PM

RiversGirl
11-11-2015, 12:00 AM
Oh my goodness! How adorable! Congrats to you!

showmebutterfly
11-11-2015, 12:09 AM
Thank you, Rivers! Spot is confused. lol He came out of his cave, saw there were 2 of them now and went right back in his cave. I think he may have shot me a dirty look...

Slaphppy7
11-11-2015, 01:24 AM
This is so neat, can't wait to see the vid of them fighting to the death.

That's why you went and got the second one, right?

:14::14:

J/K!...is he in yet?

showmebutterfly
11-11-2015, 01:51 AM
This is so neat, can't wait to see the vid of them fighting to the death.

That's why you went and got the second one, right?

:14::14:

J/K!...is he in yet?
No fighting. They're buddies. He's in, they've been fed and both ate a little and I have a short video downloading that I'll post as soon as it's done. [emoji3]

Slaphppy7
11-11-2015, 01:56 AM
Excellant.

RiversGirl
11-11-2015, 01:57 AM
Thank you, Rivers! Spot is confused. lol He came out of his cave, saw there were 2 of them now and went right back in his cave. I think he may have shot me a dirty look...

Hahahahaha! Poor Spot. He probably thinks they multiply while he is sleeping.

No fighting. They're buddies. [emoji3]

That's awesome! I bet you made both of them so very happy.

showmebutterfly
11-11-2015, 02:12 AM
They seem happy. They're both males now, but eventually the dominate one will become female. Their names are Junior (for my dad) and Jane (for my mom). Jane will grow into her name and I'll be able to tell them apart by then. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC0dpgKAXfA&feature=youtu.be

RiversGirl
11-11-2015, 02:29 AM
Oh my GOODNESS -- they look SO, so happy! Your video brought a smile to my face. Thank you so much for reuniting these friends! Well done of you to go back and get the second one.
They have the most adorable mannerisms.

showmebutterfly
11-11-2015, 02:35 AM
Oh my GOODNESS -- they look SO, so happy! Your video brought a smile to my face. Thank you so much for reuniting these friends! Well done of you to go back and get the second one.
They have the most adorable mannerisms.

They make me smile too. They are so cute together. I feel bad now for not getting them both in the first place. But they're back together now and I'm glad that the LFS still had the other little guy. :)

Slaphppy7
11-11-2015, 02:42 AM
This MADE my day, I could not smile any wider right now if I tried.

And to name them after your Dad and Mom is just the icing on the cake.

Well done, my dear.

showmebutterfly
11-11-2015, 02:49 AM
This MADE my day, I could not smile any wider right now if I tried.

And to name them after your Dad and Mom is just the icing on the cake.

Well done, my dear.

Thanks to you and Marty for nagging me into getting them both. I'm so glad y'all did. :-)

Slaphppy7
11-11-2015, 03:09 AM
Marty's the SW expert, I just know how to pluck the heartstrings :hmm3grin2orange:

Marty.h
11-11-2015, 07:28 AM
Good to see them back together that's 2 very happy clowns. I'm no expert no one is in the marine hobby you are always learning.

I was just going by my own experience of clowns and how they are in the wild you will now see how clowns really behave always dancing around together and being clowns and glad they still had the other one :)

showmebutterfly
11-11-2015, 12:03 PM
Good to see them back together that's 2 very happy clowns. I'm no expert no one is in the marine hobby you are always learning.

I was just going by my own experience of clowns and how they are in the wild you will now see how clowns really behave always dancing around together and being clowns and glad they still had the other one :)
I'm glad they're back together too and that Junior seems so much happier now. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and encouraging me to get the 2nd clown. :)

Marty.h
11-11-2015, 12:05 PM
No problems It's nice for someone to listen to advice :)

SueD
11-11-2015, 02:17 PM
I thought the first fish was cute, but now you've got double the cuteness. They really do look "happy" together.

Boundava
11-11-2015, 02:29 PM

I am glad you were able to get the second clown (Jane) and a friend for Junior. Lol on Spot shooting you a dirty look. They do look very happy in the video "dancing" around each other.

showmebutterfly
11-12-2015, 02:51 PM
For those that may not know it and / or might be interested - I asked and Matt was able to re-open my old thread on my brackish tank. I'm posting updates on that tank under the Brackish section again. :)

Junior, Jane and Spot all appear to be doing well and getting along. The red mushroom was open as big as I've seen it get yesterday, so I'm glad it has settled in and the green mushroom is still doing well too.

It appears that I only have one peppermint shrimp now. I'm not sure what happened to the 2nd one. I've been debating on either getting a couple more of the peppermints or maybe adding a cleaner shrimp. The cleaner shrimp do freak me out a little bit with how big they are and I think one would look super huge in my little tank. Plus I don't know if the different varieties of shrimp would play well together. And there's also the sexy shrimp to consider. My LFS occasionally has them too.

I think my snails are doing a good job of keeping the tank clean, but I am also considering adding to their population. The clownfish may not have a big bio-load, but the small amount they do have is more than my CUC has had to take care of in the last 2 months. I just don't want to overdo it with adding new things to the tank or doing too much at once.

Slaphppy7
11-12-2015, 02:53 PM
I think the cleaner shrimp are really cool, but "sexy" shrimp brings up alot of questions, LOL

showmebutterfly
11-12-2015, 02:55 PM
I think the cleaner shrimp are really cool, but "sexy" shrimp brings up alot of questions, LOL

They're little shrimp that wag their rumps around all the time and sashay as they walk. lol

Slaphppy7
11-12-2015, 03:07 PM
LOL, you weren't kidding...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qM59gdrd28

showmebutterfly
11-18-2015, 02:35 AM
My mushroom corals are open and seem happy in their spots.

Slaphppy7
11-18-2015, 02:47 AM
Neat!

SW is so foreign to me, but it's fun to watch someone brave enough to try

About how big are those when "happy"?

showmebutterfly
11-18-2015, 03:04 AM
They're each about the size of a quarter, sometimes just a little bit bigger than that.

Slaphppy7
11-18-2015, 03:09 AM
What about when you tick them off?

showmebutterfly
11-18-2015, 03:19 AM
Ha! I try not to do that. I have noticed in the mornings when I first turn the light on that they're both shrunk up to a little smaller than a dime. I'm guessing they draw up without the light.

Boundava
11-18-2015, 04:31 AM
That is neat, like Matt the SW side intimidates me, but it is neat to see all of the tanks, they are so vibrant. How big do corals like that get and do you have to add "food" to the water or is it already growing in it naturally?

Marty.h
11-18-2015, 07:32 AM
Mushrooms can get very big :)

Here some of mine to show and once they happy they will spread :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/220gtiturbo/20151010_163134_zps13g7y5nn.jpg

showmebutterfly
06-22-2016, 10:42 PM
Long time, no update. My little tank is chugging along. The fish are doing well. I am over run with bubble algae, likely from using our well water. I'm ok with it, as it adds some color.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160622/fc288cf06ed30075f7de8cf59ee88cde.jpg

I have some sponge growing on one of the rocks. While I was trying to get a pic, the cardinalfish had to photo bomb.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160622/44a8d68716a3e6723afff1a83c55b9eb.jpg

A better pic of the sponge.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160622/2d78a6c75591608905313f9e43eccc1f.jpg

The best pic that I could get of the clownfish.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160622/dc26da435331e8248e08c6282ef99767.jpg

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Slaphppy7
06-23-2016, 12:46 AM
So good to hear from you again, and your cardinal is a beauty, I'm glad he jumped into the pic!

RiversGirl
06-23-2016, 12:48 AM
SMB! It is wonderful to find this update from you! I hope you are well. How are your other tanks? Thanks for the photos of your salty.

Jwfish13
06-23-2016, 12:56 AM
great tank there :)

showmebutterfly
06-23-2016, 01:50 AM
So good to hear from you again, and your cardinal is a beauty, I'm glad he jumped into the pic!

Hey, Matt. Thank you. I am really enjoying him and the clownfish. :-)

Slaphppy7
06-23-2016, 01:53 AM
How's things with the other tanks?

showmebutterfly
06-23-2016, 01:53 AM
SMB! It is wonderful to find this update from you! I hope you are well. How are your other tanks? Thanks for the photos of your salty.
Thank you! I hope you are well too. :-) I'll be trying to catch up on everyone's journals. I didn't realize that I'd been away for so long! My other tanks are doing pretty well. I'll try to post updates on them soon.

showmebutterfly
06-23-2016, 01:54 AM
great tank there :)
Thank you!

showmebutterfly
06-23-2016, 01:58 AM
How's things with the other tanks?
They're doing pretty well. I've lost a few fish, but for the most part they're just chugging right along too.

RiversGirl
06-23-2016, 02:05 AM
Thank you! I hope you are well too. :-) I'll be trying to catch up on everyone's journals. I didn't realize that I'd been away for so long! My other tanks are doing pretty well. I'll try to post updates on them soon.

I am well, thank you. Glad to hear that all your tanks are doing pretty well. I will look forward to your other updates, too.

Boundava
06-23-2016, 12:14 PM
Howdy stranger :wavegreen:

Tank looks great-the clowns look great and the little cardinal is a big photo hog. I am glad to hear you are doing well too, and can't wait for updates on your other tanks.

showmebutterfly
06-23-2016, 01:46 PM
Howdy stranger :wavegreen:

Tank looks great-the clowns look great and the little cardinal is a big photo hog. I am glad to hear you are doing well too, and can't wait for updates on your other tanks.

Howdy! Thank you! Hopefully I can get some pics and updates posted this weekend on the other tanks. :-)

Boundava
06-23-2016, 01:48 PM
Looking forward to it, hope I can remind myself to find time to log on.

aquariumlover10
08-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Updates? the tank looked awesome, hope the fish and everything is doing good. :)