PDA

View Full Version : Does my betta look healthy to you?

Naiad
01-14-2015, 02:03 AM
Hi all, I've never kept a betta before (only fish without the long, delicate fins), so I want to make sure he is healthy.

I've had Schmidt for about 5 months. He is super active, eats everything, and has zero shyness problems, so I'm not worried about any major illnesses. I was mostly just wondering if he looks the right weight and if his tail looks alright (aka no fin rot).
Other info: He lives alone in a filtered, high tech planted 10g with 0 A, 0 Ni, 0 Na.

Here's some pics from when I first purchased him:

Here he is now:

So what do you guys think? Is Schmidt a healthy fish?
(Also, what "type" of betta is he? veil tail, crown tail, etc?)

Brhino
01-14-2015, 03:46 AM
looks healthy to me. As for the type, it's a veil tail I'd guess. It's tail isn't as thick as some of the veiltails you see, but that's what it's closest to in my opinion.

Naiad
01-14-2015, 03:59 AM
Awesome! I just wanted to make sure I was taking good care of him before something bad really happened. I think since his tail is so thin compared to other bettas I was worried that he was missing some of it from fin rot or something.

Thanks for your help!

fishmommie
01-14-2015, 05:02 AM
You've got a pretty boy there and given everything you've said about your tank and his behavior, I'd say he's in great shape.
Well done by giving him a nice large planted tank. He no doubt loves it. And yes, that's a veil tail.