PDA

View Full Version : Would a arowana be alright??

shawn
07-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Would a arowana be allright in a 300 gallon tank???Living with 3 fourlinepims,2silverdollars,1ornatepim.Thanks (aro) P.s Give me some info.

William
07-26-2006, 02:26 AM
Yes. A Arowana would do good both consider tank size and company. You can find info about arowanas in our article archive. they have their own category.

shawn
07-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Yes. A Arowana would do good both consider tank size and company. You can find info about arowanas in our article archive. they have their own category.Ok I will look up the info.What type of arowana should I get???Can I get some other tankmates???Thanks Alex.

William
07-26-2006, 06:15 PM
I would get a south american Arowana considering that the rest of your fish is from the same area. They are also among the easier aros to care for. I would stay away from asian aros since they are endangered.

shawn
07-26-2006, 10:13 PM
I would get a south american Arowana considering that the rest of your fish is from the same area. They are also among the easier aros to care for. I would stay away from asian aros since they are endangered.I saw a silver arowana for sale at my lfs.I am getting him on friday when I get my check.I want to buy some tankmates but don't know which ones to buy.So can you help me out.Thanks,Alex. :D

William
07-27-2006, 03:11 AM
The fish you allready have likely make good company (depends on their present size) or do you mean that you want more fish?

shawn
07-27-2006, 11:47 AM
The fish you allready have likely make good company (depends on their present size) or do you mean that you want more fish?I want some more.If its ok. :lol:

William
07-27-2006, 01:36 PM
Yes thats okey for your 300 gallon tank.

What do you think about pacu?

shawn
07-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Yes thats okey for your 300 gallon tank.

What do you think about pacu?Ok I've made my decision I am going to get this fish on friday,1 redbelly pacu,1albinooscar,1pleco,1silverarowana,3datinids, and 3 redhooks,and a silver myslomma. :D

William
07-27-2006, 03:47 PM
myslomma ??

Sounds like it going to be a nice tank. Make sure to keep the water quality up and feed high quality food as some of those fish are somewhat sensitive.

shawn
07-27-2006, 06:19 PM
myslomma ??

Sounds like it going to be a nice tank. Make sure to keep the water quality up and feed high quality food as some of those fish are somewhat sensitive.Ok I will.Myslomma are the wild silverdollars.Ok I'm going to need some info and pics on the tankmates that I'm getting tommrow.Alex :lol:

William
07-27-2006, 08:19 PM
do you meand Mylossoma? The common silver dollar belong to Metynnis. And all species are found in the wild.

You can find more info about most of the species on this site. redbelly pacu has an article in the articles archive and so those aros and datnoids. you can also find datnoid info under d in the species archive (tropical fish species in the menu)

Hard to say anything about plecos with out knowing which pleco species you are thinking about ;-)

shawn
07-27-2006, 10:12 PM
do you meand Mylossoma? The common silver dollar belong to Metynnis. And all species are found in the wild.

You can find more info about most of the species on this site. redbelly pacu has an article in the articles archive and so those aros and datnoids. you can also find datnoid info under d in the species archive (tropical fish species in the menu)

Hard to say anything about plecos with out knowing which pleco species you are thinking about ;-)Yes I mean mylossoma.Ok I will do that.Thanks for your help.Alex. :D

shawn
07-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Just got back from the fish store with my new fish.I got some datinids,a pleco,3redhooksilverdollars,1redbellypacu,and a albinooscar.Alex.

William
07-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Nice, and I see that you updated your sig. Any chance of some pictures of the new fish, especially the red hooks and the pacu.

shawn
07-30-2006, 11:16 AM
Nice, and I see that you updated your sig. Any chance of some pictures of the new fish, especially the red hooks and the pacu.Yeah I updated my signature.I will get some pics when I get a chance.Alex. (ray) (aro) :D

William
07-30-2006, 11:20 AM
Great, looking forward to them.