PDA

View Full Version : Clown Loaches ones turns a funny white grey colour at times??

nigeya
11-13-2007, 10:43 AM
HI there i have 2 clown loaches and have had them for about 5 months they were very shy at start but after planted aqaurium they seem better eat well and play and do all sorts of funny things, recently i saw them playing about 2 weeks ago but after further watching they seem to be fighting i think really aggresive with each other, never seen this before and yesterday one of the bodys were like a pale colour a whiteygrey sort then when i looked say 1hour later he was back to normal water in my tank is fine slightly high phosphates Is this normal for them??

Lady Hobbs
11-13-2007, 11:09 AM
They do that when they are a bit stressed. It could be the water or it could be something very simple.....like another loach or fish chasing them or just because they want to. They are odd little guys.

I've had mine over a year and saw mine fight only once. I hurried up and dropped some food in the tank to get their mind off one another and it worked.

nigeya
11-13-2007, 11:18 AM
cheers thanks alot wil feed them next time!!

Lady Hobbs
11-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Do you know that clowns live about 30 years and grow to one foot? That would be something to see, huh?

Careful with some decorations as they will crawl in them and get stuck.

gm72
11-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Are the rest of your water parameters okay?