PDA

View Full Version : Help with female betta tank setup.

maggiemalice
07-10-2014, 11:56 AM
I have a fluval view 4 gallon and I just got a little girl Betta for it, lost my boy and not ready for another one yet. And I slowed down the output on the filter so the water was a bit stiller but the intake still seems to be snagging her every once in a while, she can get off it no sweat but the wear and tear is starting to show, I would turn it off only the filter is connected to the light system by one plug so when I unplug the filter I turn off everything.
My question is does anyone have a good solution for blocking or altering the intake system?

I can't upload pictures but the filter intake is along the bottom in the middle and it's about half a foot long
She seems fine and healthy, still eating like a pig at feeding time but I just want her to be happy
Thanks

aquariumlover10
07-10-2014, 12:10 PM
You could get some filter sponge and cut a holein it and put over intake

Compass
07-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Her intake isn't designed like that but you are correct AL10 about the filter sponge. If you can get a block of filter sponge and cut it so you only have enough to run the length of the intake and lay it in front it should help. However securing it on some fashion might be tricky. I know my betta seems to enjoy going over to his sponge filter and laying up against it so it holds him in place.