PDA

View Full Version : Say hello to my Betta

armanakturk
05-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Hi dear everyone,

I had an empty 4g tank. When I was in a petshop, I saw this fish in a plastic cup. And decided to get the betta. The tank was ready, it had water inside and working filter. The only missing thing was a heater. I bought the betta and a heater. I think he is a double tail.

The temperature is 26C (78F) in the tank with the heater. I have also four apple snails, a mussel and one Ancistrus dolichopterus( I do not know the common name of this fish in English, If I translated it directly to English from Turkish, it would be "dwarf thornback" or something. Could you enlighten me?) Actually I want to get an bigger tank and make my betta happier but it is not possible until end of this summer. ( Because I am going to USA this June for work and travel programe :19: )

I made an weekly feeding schedule and I feed three times a day. Following is my betta's foods:

Sera Bettagran (every morning)
Sera FD Artemia Shrimps ( twice a week)
Sera GVG-Mix( once a week)
Sera Bloodworm( four times a week)
Frozen Tubifex( once a week)
Frozen Black mosquito Larves( once a week)
Sera Vipan( twice a week)
Sera Flora( three times a week)

Azurescriber
05-04-2014, 11:22 PM
Very nice! Sounds like he is eating very well!

darkmerlin21
05-05-2014, 03:54 AM
Nice looking betta!

SeaLady
05-05-2014, 05:23 PM
He's gorgeous! :goldfish:

Nice looking tank!

Slaphppy7
05-05-2014, 05:30 PM
I agree, very nice, he's a pretty boy!...his diet is more varied than mine, LOL

I would be wary of overfeeding, though, most of us here feed once a day, and sometimes skip feeding for one day altogether

darkmerlin21
05-05-2014, 05:36 PM
I agree, very nice, he's a pretty boy!...his diet is more varied than mine, LOL

I would be wary of overfeeding, though, most of us here feed once a day, and sometimes skip feeding for one day altogether

Lol.. I only feed my betta once a day but she sure makes me feel guilty! As soon as I come up to the tank she swims to the front up to where I feed her. She acts like I'm starving her but she's a healthy size.

Slaphppy7
05-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Lol.. I only feed my betta once a day but she sure makes me feel guilty! As soon as I come up to the tank she swims to the front up to where I feed her. She acts like I'm starving her but she's a healthy size.

Ours, too...today is fasting day, he's peering at me from the tank like "what the heck, where's my kibbles??"

Guilt trip, for sure

RiversGirl
05-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Lovely tank and indeed, your Betta is a pretty boy!

gronlaura
05-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Good looking boy!

lightfish
05-06-2014, 01:14 AM
He's very pretty!