PDA

View Full Version : kuhli Loach

YaYgoldFish
10-28-2007, 01:41 AM
I was at the lfs today(again) and i noticed they had the smallest kuhli loach i had ever seen! It was maybe 1 inch long and as thick as 2 aquarters piled up. I thought of getting one but then i thought id never see it agian or it would get eaten...

But the main thing is, I had never seen one so small! Has anyone else ever seen these at this size?

Arkie
10-28-2007, 09:07 AM
i saw some that small about 3 weeks ago.... i didnt buy any for the exact same reason lol. i had to double check that they were kuhli loaches the ones i saw were so small!!!!

YaYgoldFish
10-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Yeah i wasnt sure either, i still cant beleive how small they were, and at 6 bucks each that sounds like a high class meal for my fish!

Arkie
10-29-2007, 04:23 AM
lol, they would just be an expensive snack in all my tanks too. i didnt want too take the chance

Lady Hobbs
10-29-2007, 04:38 AM
I think these places are putting fish up for sale too soon. The barbs I got today wouldn't cover up my thumbnail. You're probably right about that loach. You might not find it again for a year or would suck it up with the gravel vac.

Arkie
10-29-2007, 04:56 AM
they seem to be just trying to sell them as fast and as soon as they can hey. even though they will probably get eaten as soon as they get into their new tanks

squirt_12
10-29-2007, 03:31 PM
yeah i had bought a kuhli that small (like 4 years ago when i didn't know better) and well i saw it for the first 2 days and then it dissapeared. :(.

CAF
10-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Personally I prefer to get my fish smaller. They ship better, they last longer. When you buy adult fish of species that only live a short time, you may only have it for a few months before it dies of old age. Juvies for me please!

tropfish
10-29-2007, 08:48 PM
I like juvies of cichlids moslty, it's aweosme to watch them grow up and become familiar with you, all my cichlids are young and they eat from my hand. They're also easier to get to eat. On the other hand, dithers i like larger, because i want NO chance of them getting swallowed by my fish.