PDA

View Full Version : Shop thread

William
02-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Does the shop work for you?

Have you tried login out and the in again?

Have you tried cleaning your cache?

William
02-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Regarding the sort order of gifts. It is only old gifts that are sorted oldest first. New gifts are added to the postbit as they should.

KingFisher
02-06-2013, 09:44 PM
The shop works for me except it is not showing the pictures of the gifts when I am trying to select them.

korith
02-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Does the shop work for you?

Have you tried login out and the in again?

Have you tried cleaning your cache?

Logged out and back in.
Cannot enter the bank, donate, give gifts/ribbons.
Clearing cache did not help.

KingFisher
02-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Oh yeah, speaking of browsers, I just switched to Chrome this morning. The shop was not working with Firefox.

William
02-06-2013, 10:10 PM
It makes no sense. every new member i create can use it.

Goes to 11!
02-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Logged out and back in.
Cannot enter the bank, donate, give gifts/ribbons.
Clearing cache did not help.

Same here.

korith
02-06-2013, 10:27 PM
It makes no sense. every new member i create can use it.

Just tried to enter shop using another browser. Didn't work with IE or with firefox.
Compare settings for new member to some existing old member? Maybe existing accounts didn't get flagged properly?

Cliff
02-06-2013, 10:40 PM
I just tried a to send a gift and a few donations, everything seamed to work OK for me

I am using firefox and I did clear my internet history, cookies, and a reboot before trying

William
02-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Compare settings for new member to some existing old member? Maybe existing accounts didn't get flagged properly?

I have done that. The settings are identical.

William
02-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Korith: Can you please try to access the store now. I played around with your settings a bit.

Trillianne
02-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Logged out, Logged in, and no joy.

Closed Browser, cleared cache and cookies, logged in again... and no joy.

Sorry William. :scry:

KingFisher
02-07-2013, 12:06 AM
This is odd, it seems the same people who cannot give gifts are not receiving them either. At least, they are not showing in their list of gifts in their posts.

korith
02-07-2013, 12:18 AM
This is odd, it seems the same people who cannot give gifts are not receiving them either. At least, they are not showing in their list of gifts in their posts.

So far I think just you and Cliff have mentioned it working for them. Both of you are set as moderators, I'm guessing other moderators can probably use the shop as well. Shop is just hating on us regular folks.

Cliff
02-07-2013, 12:23 AM
I sent 850R a gift and it shows on his post

I don't know if this helps or not

William
02-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Put I have logged out. Created a new user and that user can use the store without any problems.

Please try again. I cleared the system cache if that helps.

Strider199
02-07-2013, 12:25 AM
I'm in the same boat as Trill and Korith. Logged out, cleared cache, still can not see bank, store, or any other tab in the store.

When I check inventory it says, you have never purchased anything. Exact message from VBulletin.

"Sorry, but you have not purchased any vbPlaza items that go into your inventory yet."

I know I have purchased a ribbon as it's in my profile.

Thanks for continuing to work on this William.

KingFisher
02-07-2013, 12:28 AM

I also sent 850 a gift and it is not showing in his post. The shop shows that it was purchased successfully.

jeffs99dime
02-07-2013, 12:30 AM
I am also in the same boat as the others. Getting message "you are not allowed to purchase this item." Comes up when I try to do anything in the store at all. ie lottery, access bank, give gifts, etc. The only thing I can see is the Richest Users.

homemadepopcorn
02-07-2013, 02:55 AM
I can not use anything in the store and I have already logged out and cleared the cache. I can't accept friend requests either.

mommy1
02-07-2013, 04:00 AM
Nothing works for me. I give up.

William
02-07-2013, 04:30 AM
Can everyone please try again. I think it should work. atleast it works for Korith now.

Thanks for all your help Korith!

Trillianne
02-07-2013, 04:45 AM
Well NOW I can go shopping and buy a gift... but it isn't showing on the person's profile page of gifts or their gift box on their posts.

And someone sent me a gift but it came as a lovely broken image and it doesn't show in my gift box area of the posts or my profile page of gifts.

So it sounds like we are part way there now.....

William
02-07-2013, 05:11 AM
i checked the history. It does not show anyone buying a gift for you trillian.

The reason the gift you bought didnt show up was that you made it private. I changed it to public and it shows now.

William
02-07-2013, 05:20 AM
okay all gifts seems to become private now. I will look into that in the morning.

Trillianne
02-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Well William it seems as if some of your midnight tinkering was rather efficient!

Got a public gift today, and when I sent a new gift to someone it did show up on their gift box area of their posts (and made the prior invisible one show up too!)

So that's one more person its working for!

William
02-07-2013, 04:46 PM
I am really glad to hear that my midnight tinkering worked.

Is the shop working for everyone now??

Goes to 11!
02-07-2013, 05:53 PM

I also sent 850 a gift and it is not showing in his post. The shop shows that it was purchased successfully.

I received notification of both these gifts but I cannot see either of them. It was actually blank at the end ...

IE: "Kingfisher has sent you a gift of " <--- Looked like that.
:shrug:

Trillianne
02-07-2013, 06:25 PM
I got one of the broken link ones (see post 23) earlier because it came mid-tinker. (There was also a period of all private gifts) So how long ago is the receipt on those gift messages 850?

I just sent you a gift and its now showing on my end. And I must have double clicked or something cause now you have two... I "herd" those were going around .

William
02-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Trillianne is right. Gifts that didnt show in the pm was midtinkering and are lost.

Hopefully everything should work now.

gadget228
02-07-2013, 08:38 PM
The lottery isn't working right, tried early this morning to buy the maximum tickets for the weekly lottery ( you have to buy them one at a time ) and after buying two I got this message,

The Item you are trying to purchase is currently out of stock.

I did buy the maximum tickets for the daily lottery first and it worked, any chance there is a limit on how many tickets you can buy at one time, Your allowed 5 for the daily and 5 for the weekly.

Also I tried logging out and cleared the cookies but still getting the same message.

Cliff
02-07-2013, 08:49 PM
The gift giving just worked for 850R and myself. We were both able to give each other a gift, we both got PM message notification we received gifts, and I can see them both displayed to be seen when we post in the forum.

Goes to 11!
02-07-2013, 08:56 PM
I got one of the broken link ones (see post 23) earlier because it came mid-tinker. (There was also a period of all private gifts) So how long ago is the receipt on those gift messages 850?

I just sent you a gift and its now showing on my end. And I must have double clicked or something cause now you have two... I "herd" those were going around .
They posted to me on Feb 7 at 12:22 pm, I SO knew that double gift was a glitch ;-P

I now have gifts sent and received here that are Cliff tested and Cliff approved - All seems copacetic on that front. [For me.. So far . . . Today ;-P ]

I do agree the lottery is still goofy and buying single tickets only is a complete rectal pain IMO. Hopefully that is temporary.

EDIT: D'OH! Ninja'd by Cliff about the working gifts :oldtimer::cussing::canada::wink:

William
02-07-2013, 09:21 PM
The lottery isn't working right, tried early this morning to buy the maximum tickets for the weekly lottery ( you have to buy them one at a time ) and after buying two I got this message,

The Item you are trying to purchase is currently out of stock.

I have fixed it so that lottery tickets should not display that out of stock message any more.

Allowing you to buy several tickets at a time might however be harder. I will look into it but it will require changing the code.

mermaidwannabe
02-07-2013, 09:44 PM
In Internet Explorer, some of the customizing options for my user name and title are working, and others which worked before are now being glitchy. Details in my PM.

William
02-07-2013, 09:55 PM
I will look into it better and give you a more detail answer once I seen your PM but generally can be said that many of the custom touches will allways be glitches because there is really no established universally accepted framework for the mark ups user.

Goes to 11!
02-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Allowing you to buy several tickets at a time might however be harder. I will look into it but it will require changing the code.

Thanks, I just thought you might not have enough on your 'to-do list' you know ;-D.
:22:

mermaidwannabe
02-07-2013, 11:43 PM
I will look into it better and give you a more detail answer once I seen your PM but generally can be said that many of the custom touches will allways be glitches because there is really no established universally accepted framework for the mark ups user.

I just got the glow feature to work again.

Judging from your information, can I expect these customizing features to never be one-hundred percent reliable in their functioning, and therefore I may have to try more than once with some of them?

The problem with that is, it uses up AC dollars each time it says I've successfully purchased something when I haven't even pressed the "purchase" button and the feature doesn't show up.

Apparantly, these are nonrefundable even if there's a malfunction.

Also, is there any way to change one's mind about the colors or features without first having to remove the existing colors or features? Wouldn't it be simpler if we could just type in or click on our new choices and they would automatically over-ride the existing ones?

Just a thought . . .

William
02-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Also, is there any way to change one's mind about the colors or features without first having to remove the existing colors or features? Wouldn't it be simpler if we could just type in our new choices and they would automatically over-ride the existing ones?

It would be simpler but it would also requires me going over all of the code. I will look into it if I have time over but i make no promises.