PDA

View Full Version : Reputation system

William
01-28-2013, 01:27 AM
The updated reputation system displays your reputation a little different and uses more different types of stars to display your reputation. This mean that your reputation might look different from what it did before but you still have the same reputation and reputation power.

Lady Hobbs
01-28-2013, 01:36 AM
Oops. Ignore my PM to you now that I see this. I noticed I'm missing 6 or 7 Gold Stars so was inquiring about them. Kinda sad to go from 7 or 8 to one. :guitarred:

funkman262
01-28-2013, 01:45 AM
Oops. Ignore my PM to you now that I see this. I noticed I'm missing 6 or 7 Gold Stars so was inquiring about them. Kinda sad to go from 7 or 8 to one. :guitarred:

It's your fault anyway. He had to change it because you were maxed out :neener:

Lady Hobbs
01-28-2013, 01:55 AM
No way! I had lots of room for more. :hmm3grin2orange: There's more room now than there was before.

Trillianne
01-28-2013, 02:54 AM
Outside of change in looks... previously there was a way to view your own reputation received (from whom & messages)

Is there a new way to view that?

Cliff
01-28-2013, 03:01 AM
When you view your profile, you can still see that same info. There is now a tab to click on to see all of the rep that hase been given to you, just as before but in a different spot is all

Trillianne
01-28-2013, 05:10 AM
What is the name or space I should be looking at... I've clicked on every tab and am not seeing it.

My tabs are "My Activity" "Visitor Messages" "About Me" "Friends" and "Awards"

None of which seem to have a section for reputation given or received. -- It may be that this view is not turned on for non-MOD users?

William
01-28-2013, 05:20 AM
Click my profile in the right top corner. All the way at the top.
You should see the tabs My Activity, Visitor Messages, About me, Friends, Reputation, awards.
I do, see http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/member.php?u=1

Trillianne
01-28-2013, 05:52 AM
This is what I have:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-KDjVb2-Pjug/UQYRX7e74jI/AAAAAAAAHGg/KCili8OEIwA/s972/Screen+Shot+2013-01-27+at+9.48.27+PM.png

William
01-28-2013, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the pictures. it helped. t is a permission conflict and I will solve it as soon as I can

Trillianne
01-28-2013, 06:26 AM
No rush. I know how easy it is to miss a permissions setting.

I am liking some of the new features! :)

William
01-28-2013, 06:30 AM
Try it now. I believe it should work.

Trillianne
01-28-2013, 06:31 AM
Yep! You got it!

William
01-28-2013, 06:36 AM
Perfect. One less thing to fix.

Lady Hobbs
01-28-2013, 12:08 PM
Outside of change in looks... previously there was a way to view your own reputation received (from whom & messages)

Is there a new way to view that? I couldn't find it either but now just click on settings, top right. See it now under profiles which is handy having everything there.

Trillianne
01-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Yes it has been changed and is now visible.

Although I would like to note, it is now visible to others. As in, I can see what people are saying to other people for the rep they give. On the older version this was viewable to the individual, but not to others.

I'm not saying this has to change, but it is something that users should be aware of since I have seen someone share a rather frank opinion at times. Which may be more than someone wanted to share openly.

Lady Hobbs
01-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Oh Oh. Not really nuts about that one either. What I write to others is for their eyes, not everyone's.

fishmommie
01-28-2013, 04:13 PM
thanks for all your work William. I'm sure when it's finished it will be great.
Still trying to figure out the rep system. As I look now It appears I have more stars and bars than Lady Hobbs - which we all know is NOT right LOL. So it would appear I have gotten more credits than I deserve or I don't understand the new rating system. Also I see I have an extra medal. I think I have one too many gold activity medals - there's a duplicate up there somewhere anyway. Know you have your hands full working this all out but wanted to alert you to that little glitch. thanks again

Trillianne
01-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Well to give rep, you now use the star (looks like a sheriff's badge star) below the post. (This replaces the scale from the prior version of the forum)

As for the stars... from what I gather the bars are the same behavior, but the stars get brighter as you gain stars. So for example... you have some delightful bronze medal stars, I have some silver medal stars and Hobbs has a Gold and a bronze. I'm sure that is more a case of figuring out the value of the icons to decipher.

I am sure it will get worked out in the long run.

Goes to 11!
01-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Oh Oh. Not really nuts about that one either. What I write to others is for their eyes, not everyone's.
+1

Same here, Is that the permanent state of that feature?

fishmommie
01-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Well to give rep, you now use the star (looks like a sheriff's badge star) below the post. (This replaces the scale from the prior version of the forum)

As for the stars... from what I gather the bars are the same behavior, but the stars get brighter as you gain stars. So for example... you have some delightful bronze medal stars, I have some silver medal stars and Hobbs has a Gold and a bronze. I'm sure that is more a case of figuring out the value of the icons to decipher.

I am sure it will get worked out in the long run.

thanks. And yes, I'm sure it will work out :o)

William
01-28-2013, 04:48 PM
I have disapled the rep tab again until I can find a better solution. In the mean time you can still see your rep in the user cp, click settings and scroll down just like you allways could.

Trillianne
01-28-2013, 05:01 PM
AH HA!

That is perfectly fine, I just wasn't seeing that before! Thanks for pointing us in the right direction William.

fishmommie
01-28-2013, 06:17 PM
I have disapled the rep tab again until I can find a better solution. In the mean time you can still see your rep in the user cp, click settings and scroll down just like you allways could.

I'm sure it's right in front of my face but I can't find the user CP. I've been looking for it ever since the forum came back up. Where do I find it? sorry to be a bother.

William
01-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Top right corner. Click "Settings"

fishmommie
01-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Top right corner. Click "Settings"
ah. got it. thanks. :bravo: