PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for next puffer tank

kimmers318
06-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Those of you that know me, know I love my dwarfpuffers. I was given 2 aquariums last night from a friend, a 10 gal and a 20 gal long, and will be considering another type of puffer in the future. (This is 3-6 months out, can't possibly do anything anytime soon.) I have plenty of time to research...but would like opinions and suggestions from those of you that have kept other puffers species.
I would like to stay freshwater....but am willing to go a little brackish...not ready to try full saltwater.
Either of the tanks can be used, but most likely will set up the 20 gal.
So, let me know what you have kept, your experiences with them and sizes of tanks you would recommend. I prefer experienced opinions from people that kept fish rather than general information. Especially since recommended tank space for dps is 2-3 gals per, 5 gal minimum and I know when I had to put Missy in a 5 gal after finding out the hard way dps are not community fish, she was not as happy as she is now in her 10 gal with her new friends, Lucy and Gizmo.

William
06-29-2006, 12:21 AM
I don't really know. It's hard, many puffers i like require larger tanks.

have you checked our species archive and seen if you like anything in there, Check T