PDA

View Full Version : Idea...Maybe

AquaQueen
09-29-2007, 06:38 PM
I was thinking that maybe the MOTM should have some kind of Avatar that states something like MVP or even MOTM with the AC logo or a fish or something so everyone can see. I dont think it should apply to the POTM or TOTM because they are only pictures and the MOTM is someone who proves they a worthy of their title by helping others and by their knowledge of the Hobby. So I thought they should have some sort of Title they could "wear" proudly for the month on their Avatar. I know that we all know because there is a Thread made for congrats and they already get an award but I just thought that would be a cool thing to add. So what do you all think?

~Erik3.8.07~
09-29-2007, 06:50 PM
that sounds like a pretty good idea to me, what is our logo anyways? that big fish at the top?

AquaQueen
09-29-2007, 06:53 PM
That's what I thought...lol That and the name of the forum.

gm72
09-29-2007, 06:56 PM
That fish I think is some kind of grouper, but I'm not sure.

I think your idea is a good one, it is a matter of whether William will have the time to mess with something like that.

AquaQueen
09-29-2007, 07:34 PM
I am sure at least one of the Mods here has to know how to create an Avatar. I can do them with my pictures. So I could do them if they wanted me to. It wouldn't be too hard if I had a picture...OMG I just had another Idea that would allow all winners to get them...I could take the winning pics and put POTM or TOTM on them shrink them to avatar size and send them to the winners so they can save and use them for the month. I would just have to create a MOTM avatar some how...maybe write MOTM of AC on our site logo and if we dont have a pic from the site to use, then on a pic of that members choice, maybe something from their own collection??

gm72
09-29-2007, 07:51 PM
Right, well I'm one of the mods and I don't know how to do an avatar, but I will forward your idea to William to see what he thinks. I still like the idea, it is the logistics that might keep it from happening.

AquaQueen
09-29-2007, 08:08 PM
well I hope that it can be done it would be another nice way to carry the title so everyone else knows they(the winners) are that months MOTM.

gm72
09-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Again, agreed. I mean, you get the award, but it would be cool to have a special something-else temporarily while you "wear the crown".

~Erik3.8.07~
09-29-2007, 08:26 PM
were you thinking of something along the lines of this?

not very good and only about 2 minutes of time put into it but just a sample

cocoa_pleco
09-29-2007, 08:32 PM
erik, thats a excellent picture! im all for it!

AquaQueen
09-29-2007, 08:38 PM
YES!!! See it wouldn't be all that hard and anyone can do it we could make up a few and let the winner pic out the one they would like...oh the ideas keep coming...lol

~Erik3.8.07~
09-29-2007, 08:38 PM
thx cocoa :)

~Erik3.8.07~
09-29-2007, 08:41 PM
great idea, but to anyone who makes one, make sure the pictures that may be used isnt copyrighted

AquaQueen
09-29-2007, 08:46 PM
yes that too dont want anyone getting into trouble...lol BTW great job Erik and thanks again...lol

~Erik3.8.07~
09-29-2007, 08:48 PM
thx and np :)

Drumachine09
09-29-2007, 09:39 PM
The fish at the top is a Goliath Grouper, or the Jew Fish.

I think the medals do an adequate job of conveying ones success, but that just MO.

~Erik3.8.07~
09-30-2007, 12:13 AM
the medals are great but not as noticable and are great to say at one point you were motm, but i think it be cool to have it in your avatar so newcomers and veterans alike know this person is motm, sorta almost like bragging rights for a month, if you wanna look at it that way

Drumachine09
09-30-2007, 12:29 AM
It would all be up to the winner, If they wanted to put that as their avatar, thats cool, but I dont think it should be required.

AquaQueen
09-30-2007, 03:10 AM
I understand your point Drum but I would still like to ask and find out if it is possible. My reason for asking was exactly what Erik said. It's like he spoke exactly how I would have...weird...lol

tropfish
09-30-2007, 07:43 PM
I like it! good idea aquaqeen!

AquaQueen
10-01-2007, 01:56 AM
Thanks Tropfish...I am hoping William will too and possibly allow a few of us to make up some of them for the winners to choose from. I think it would be great to add to the list of Awesome things this site has to offer that no others do....that are partly what make this site the first one you see when you google fish forums....also because GREAT People here and their very good advice...hehehe

CAF
10-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks Tropfish...I am hoping William will too and possibly allow a few of us to make up some of them for the winners to choose from. I think it would be great to add to the list of Awesome things this site has to offer that no others do....that are partly what make this site the first one you see when you google fish forums....also because GREAT People here and their very good advice...hehehe
It sounds like an interesting idea. However how would we make sure people didn't hijack them. We already have the option to create and upload our own avatars, so we COULD do this without any further assistance from William. We come up with whatever pic we want to use, PS it with the text and blamo we have it taken care of.