Spicy Tilapia Recipe
- 1 pound of tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 lemon
- 4 slices of bread (chose a variant that will readily absorb pan juices)
- 3 tablespoons of paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1-3 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of celery seed
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- Place all the spice blend ingredients in a jar with a lid. Make sure that the lid is safely fastened before you shake the jar to mix the ingredients.
- Use the spice blend to coat the tilapia fillets on both sides.
- Leave the fish in room temperature for 15 minutes. (You can skip this stage if you’re in a hurry.)
- Heat up a skillet over high heat.
- Add vegetable oil and heat up until its almost smoking.
- Place the coated tilapia fillets in the skillet and cook for 3 minutes per side. The fish is ready when it can be easily flaked with a fork.
- Remove the fish from the skillet and place each fillet on a slice of bread.
- Squeeze the lemon over the fillets.
- Place a slice of bread on top of each tilapia fillet.
- Pour pan juice over the bread.
If you find the dish a bit too dry, you can spread sour-cream or cream cheese on the bread before you place the fillets on top.
1. O. niloticus
2. O. aurea
3. O. mossambicus
4. O. urolepis hornorum
- Pond Culture of Tilapia
- Tank Culture Of Tilapia
- Cage Culture Of Tilapia
- Tilapia & prawn farming
- Before setting up a farm
- Growth rate