Crunchy tilapia recipe
The recipe for crunchy tilapia is seasoned with dried, crushed basil. Basil (Ocimum basilicum) is a tender low-growing herb native to tropical Asia. In tropical climates it is a perennial herb, but it can be grown as an annual plant in colder parts of the world. Basil has been cultivated for at least 5,000 years.
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees Celsius).
- Sift or stir flour, salt, and pepper together in a shallow dish.
- In bowl, beat the egg whites until white and frothy.
- Use another bowl to mix the dried bread crumbs with cornmeal and crushed basil.
- Bread the tilapia fillets by first dipping them in flour and shaking of any excess, then dip them in egg whites, and then finally dip them in the bread crumb mixture.
- Use the non-stick cooking spray to coat a shallow baking dish.
- Place the tilapia fillets in a single layer in the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the fillets flakes easily with a folk. This will normally take 10-5 minutes.
1. O. niloticus
2. O. aurea
3. O. mossambicus
4. O. urolepis hornorum
- Pond Culture of Tilapia
- Tank Culture Of Tilapia
- Cage Culture Of Tilapia
- Tilapia & prawn farming
- Before setting up a farm
- Growth rate