Baked tilapia with bell peppers recipe
In this recipe you can use your favourite type of bell pepper or combine several different colours to create a really beautiful dish. The most commonly found bell peppers are green, red, orange or yellow, but it is also possible to obtain purple, blue, brown and white bell peppers. The exact colour depends on which cultivar you plant and when you harvest it. Green bell peppers are unripe and therefore bitterer than the other colours.
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Use roughly 1/4 cup of olive oil to grease the bottom of a baking dish.
- Mix the remaining ½ cup of olive oil with tomato paste, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place the tilapia fillets in the baking dish with the skin-side up.
- Use a spatula to spread the olive oil mixture over the fish.
- Slice the bell peppers and the onion.
- Surround the tilapia fillets with bell peppers and onion.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake until the tilapia fillets can be easily flaked with a fork. This will normally take around 15 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and place 1 tablespoon of butter on top of each tilapia fillet.
- Set the oven to broil and broil the fish until the butter melts and becomes slightly brown. This will normally take 4-7 minutes.
1. O. niloticus
2. O. aurea
3. O. mossambicus
4. O. urolepis hornorum
- Pond Culture of Tilapia
- Tank Culture Of Tilapia
- Cage Culture Of Tilapia
- Tilapia & prawn farming
- Before setting up a farm
- Growth rate