· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    What I find disturbing is your mother inviting guests she knows you don't want attending. It's YOUR wedding. Why isn't she respecting your wishes?

Parental interference in uninvited ways is a primary reason couples elope, and it shouldn't be that way.

Perhaps you should sit down with your mother and ask her to please invite the people you've indicated you wish to have there, and nobody else. You have your reasons for your choices, and those choices should be honored.

As for the cake place -- sounds like they don't want to do anything for you. It also sounds like they can't get their stories straight. The owner sounds like an arrogant, uppity snob. And a greedy one, at that ($50 for doing no more than giving a quote -- IF she happens to feel like it!)

I would definitely take my business elsewhere. They don't deserve a dime from you.
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by metal-otaku
    my aunt does this. and because of that i don't trust that. she lets her dogs lick cakes or they get into the ingredients and she doesn't get rid of them and still serves the cakes. i find it disgusting. so that makes me leery of in home cakes.
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww XP

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe
    I would definitely take my business elsewhere. They don't deserve a dime from you.
    Can't agree more. If they're giving you the run around now, it's only going to lead to disappointment the day of the wedding. There's almost bound to be a mistake. I wouldn't care if they made the best cakes with the lowest prices. Rude and inconsiderate customer service is a deal breaker on any level.
    11 tanks, 5.5g up to 125g(2). Mbuna, Haps, Peacocks, Tangs, wild caught to tank raised!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe
    What I find disturbing is your mother inviting guests she knows you don't want attending. It's YOUR wedding. Why isn't she respecting your wishes?

Parental interference in uninvited ways is a primary reason couples elope, and it shouldn't be that way.

Perhaps you should sit down with your mother and ask her to please invite the people you've indicated you wish to have there, and nobody else. You have your reasons for your choices, and those choices should be honored.

As for the cake place -- sounds like they don't want to do anything for you. It also sounds like they can't get their stories straight. The owner sounds like an arrogant, uppity snob. And a greedy one, at that ($50 for doing no more than giving a quote -- IF she happens to feel like it!)

some of it is family. that she won't think will show up anyway. one group flat out said when she was told i was getting married, laughed/snort and wow, that'll be interesting. surprised she's even getting married. this is my aunt. who when my grandma died. tried to take the sewing machine she left me. and tried to kick my other aunt out of the house she shared with my grandma to sell it for the money. (wouldn't get much anyway.) and when my grandma died before she was even out of the hospital bed, she was digging through her stuff looking for the will and insurance payouts. her kids aren't much better. so i didn't want to invite them either

the others are ones we hardly ever see. and when we do they want something. money or babysitting services for free.

then she invited her friends who not only do i not like. my so doesn't like either. she even invited some without asking to lunch while were out looking at venues. 2 are rude. and snobbish. the others i like. one's daughter though is super rude to me and is probably going to be brought as a guest.

then you have the employees she invited. (family owned business.) some of these people yes we have known since the start of even moving here. which as co-workers fine whatever. but i don't want them at my wedding because they are rude to me at work. just because they are older than me think they can boss me around or don't have to listen to me and i know nothing. and since i'm the bosses daughter if they f-something up or don't do something they can blame me and my brother for it and think we don't get in trouble instead of claiming responsibility for it themselves. and we get yelled at worse. so i don't want them there. but my mom says we have to or else there will be hard feelings. one of which i tried to use the excuse well i wasn't invited her daughters wedding why do i have to invite her to mine? didn't work.

my biggest peeve currently with mom though is convincing her i don't want anything potato at my wedding receptions because i don't want to risk an allergy attack from cross contamination at my wedding. but she thinks people will starve if i don't. :/ and i'm making sure no one else's allergies are an issue including hers. but mine can't be taken into consideration.
    artist page: http://metal-otaku.deviantart.com
    lot's of fish and aquatic themed art to be found. plus anime.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If she really wants something mashed they could do mashed califlower.

I am so glad my mom let me make a lot of those choices myself. What we did was invite a few to the ceremony, a few more to the dinner, and then basically anyone that wanted to come could come to the dance part of the reception (dont have to talk to people then because it is loud).

Hope you can work things out .

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady10Godiva
    If she really wants something mashed they could do mashed califlower.

I am so glad my mom let me make a lot of those choices myself. What we did was invite a few to the ceremony, a few more to the dinner, and then basically anyone that wanted to come could come to the dance part of the reception (dont have to talk to people then because it is loud).

Hope you can work things out .
    that was mentioned by several people but no one in our families eats califlower.

i wanted to do the court wedding. my so wanted the real thing. this would his and his sisters 4th wedding and his parents didn't go to the first 3. so this would be the first wedding his parents would get to attend.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by metal-otaku
    that was mentioned by several people but no one in our families eats califlower.

i wanted to do the court wedding. my so wanted the real thing. this would his and his sisters 4th wedding and his parents didn't go to the first 3. so this would be the first wedding his parents would get to attend.
    What do you mean by "this would be his and his sisters 4th wedding"?
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

Awards Showcase

Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa 
    The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime 
    Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog Cheers - Cliff 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    You can't please everyone...ever.

It's your wedding. Try the mashed cauliflower if you want. Who knows? 'They' might actually like it if they taste it.

And if they don't like it? Tough. They won't starve...it's really hard to starve...takes weeks...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by andreahp
    What do you mean by "this would be his and his sisters 4th wedding"?
    as in his sister has been married twice. and this will be his second marriage. so his parents have missed out on 3 weddings. if we had gotten eloped. they'd have missed a 4th wedding.