· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Downtime

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    This is a great site which will be even greater when everything is updated and fixed. All your good work is greatly appreciated, William. Hosting a website can be complicated business. Staying patient -- and grateful.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

1 Not allowed!
    I have been trying to access this forum and keep getting a huge message on my screen that says, "This account has been suspended", and to contact webmaster at webmaster@aquaticcommunity.com. However, when I tried to e-mail William at that address, it keeps bouncing back, saying the user is unknown. When I typed that address into my browser, a link to this page came up in the Google menu, that took me here.

I have received the account suspended message at around 7:00 P.M. on December 30, 2018. The first time it came up, I thought it was a glitch in the system since William has switched to a new server. So I tried again, and the forum came up as it normally does. However, subsequent tries have resulted in the same message, "This Account Has Been Suspended" coming up each time.

In short, I can't access my account here. William, would you please fix this? I haven't been given any warnings or explanations as to why my account would suddenly, out of the blue, be suspended. As a result, I can't PM you from this forum. If you have my e-mail address, please contact me. Thanks.

mermaidwannabe
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's  to getting well! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   A cup of coffee to get your day started. - gadget228   For 10K posts, finally - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   
    HIV/AIDS - William   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - William   

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Mermaidwannabe
    The problem you are experiencing is due to how the internet works. Sometimes you are being sent here, the new address, and sometimes you get routed to the wrong address. When you see the account is suspended message you have been sent to the old sever. There is nothing I can do about this and it might take up to 48 Hours (usually a lot less) before all corners of the internet have learned the new location of site.

You can fix it yourself by adding
    69.16.192.142 www.aquaticcommunity.com
    to your host file. This tells the computer that AC is located on the new server.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, okay, then maybe I should wait for it to fix itself.

I have no idea where or how to find my "host file", or what that even is.

Thanks for explaining what's happening. It should resolve on its own, it sounds like. Please disregard my post in chatterbox, now that I have the answer.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's  to getting well! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   A cup of coffee to get your day started. - gadget228   For 10K posts, finally - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   
    HIV/AIDS - William   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - William   

0 Not allowed!
    Yes that is correct. It should resolve itself.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.