· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Question Help, what kind of fish is this!!!!!

0 Not allowed!
    I was given these for free was told they were rainbow fish, but as i kept researching, they look nothing like any rainbow i have seen, they rainbow forum directed me to you guys.....saying these might be peacock. i need to know they are in my quaranteen tank right now, but i have some with some baby fry. I have a community tank, not a cichlid tank...what do these look like to any of you. they are still babys half inch to an inch long.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your signature is what I want to say to everyone on here. - aquariumlover10   Here's  to getting well! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   A cup of coffee to get your day started. - gadget228   For 10K posts, finally - Slaphppy7   
    HIV/AIDS - William   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - William   

0 Not allowed!
    In my opinion they are most likely young albino convicts but there are other possibilities. It is almost impossible to say with 100% certainty at that size and with no other info than the pictures.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

Default rainbow cichlids??

0 Not allowed!
    could these be rainbow cichlids, i asked if they were aggressive he said no, maybe when he said rainbow fish, he just was not sure of their name....i am just trying to figure this out

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   No Message - Indian Woods Angels   You need a Tanganyikan Cichlid - jeffs99dime   Now you have 4 firemouths! - seb's fish   Arapaima and whale shark in 20G made me LOL! - ddavis1979   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Northerly   Autism - Northerly   

0 Not allowed!
    Here is a full grown rainbow cichlid:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...Mu5Q1IRqOALHhQ

The eye shape and head shape are slightly reminiscent of the pictures you posted in the first thread, but idk. As stated these fish are no more than 2 months old and are nearly impossible to ID except by an absolute expert.
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Great info on water softeners - Boundava   Thanks for the gift! I bow to your experience so i wanted to be sure that i did not give the OP wrong info. - Silbar   Tx for all the help for me and everyone else! - angelcraze2   Rocksor knows cichlids! - Brhino   Can''t give rep points, but great job on the diagnosis/treatment - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm thinking they are not rainbow cichlids. At a minimum there should be a black bar or grey bar going horizontally across the fish. I've seen juveniles at 1" that have the bar.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts!!  Happy New Year! :) - Ellen4God   Thanks for the heads up on tank size - Intentional or not  :-P - 850R   

0 Not allowed!
    One thing's for sure: they are not albino, hence the black eye, not red.

They might be white cobalt zebras though, and these are mbuna which are aggressive in nature.
    Da name's Paul. Not Dave. ROFL

Learn to give and take. That's how things should always work.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

.`.`..`.> - korith   No Message - Northerly   thanks for all your help - fishmommie   Merry Christmas - KingFisher   Merry Christmas! - fishmommie   
    HIV/AIDS - Indian Woods Angels   Childhood Cancer - Indian Woods Angels   

0 Not allowed!
    Pink convicts as William noted. I think I may have produced several hundred trillion of them when I was just a wee lad. Not such a hot seller, can you see why?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Since you can't have a real severum - ScottishFish   Thanks for the help stocking my aquarium! - tate8   A dontation for your school of Neons. - steeler1   They don't have your loach but this one is closer to yours than a clown loach. - steeler1   A television for you, while I rearrange. :) - tate8   

0 Not allowed!
    I also put my vote in for Leucistic "Pink" Convict.