· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i just did a twenty percent water change today in the ten gallon. i probably should have done more given what Cernet said because my nitrites are in the stress range. my nitrates are in the middle of the ideal range. I will start doing water changes two to three times a week thanks to his info.

20 gallon tall - 3 paskai's neon red rainbow, 5 paskai's blue eyed rainbowfish, 8 harlequin rasbora, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 6 cherry shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 1 bronze cory, 1 peppered cory, 1 julii cory, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
    Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis, 1 bunch water wysteria, 1 package of B. Caroliniana, 1 Crypto Luten, 1 red wendii, Mossball.
    Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat[
    1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Great info on this site, for sure.

Here is the video that's been promised. Sorry it was late. My step-father is in the hospital, and isn't doing well at all.

I don't know why the video quality looks as bad as it does. It makes the tank look dirty.

I hope you enjoy it, anyway.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My brother let me borrow his underwater camera, so be on the lookout for underwater videos!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quick update on the Aponogeton.

As you can see on the first picture I posted of it, it had just barely sprouted. With my lights on for ~10 hours a day, this is what has happened:

3 days after the first sprout

5 days after the first sprout

6 days...

7 days...

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    8 days... today!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    great video. can't wait to see the underwater pictures.

20 gallon tall - 3 paskai's neon red rainbow, 5 paskai's blue eyed rainbowfish, 8 harlequin rasbora, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 6 cherry shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 1 bronze cory, 1 peppered cory, 1 julii cory, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
    Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis, 1 bunch water wysteria, 1 package of B. Caroliniana, 1 Crypto Luten, 1 red wendii, Mossball.
    1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, I will be getting underwater footage of a friends 125g Oscar tank, too.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nice...i look forward to it.

1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

0 Not allowed!
    Looking great!

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, everyone for the kind words. I'm still not happy with the aquascape just yet. I definitely want to get some taller plants to help take your eyes off of the heater, air line, and plumbing.

UPDATE:

I removed the big vertical stone today because it was getting in the way of the Red Flame Sword.

I replaced the Eheim intake pipe/sponge with another intake I had kicking around.

I also relocated the other Aponogeton bulbs, hoping to have better luck with them.

Here are some pictures. And holy crap look at how much the Aponogeton has grown!

This picture was taken this morning around 9am:

This one was taken a few minutes ago:

Here is a full shot:

If anyone has any recommendations, let me know!