· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
  1. Default Built the scrubber

0 Not allowed!
    Here is the scrubber. It will have two 12"*18" screens and eventually a control valve in the middle. I will be able to light one side or all four sides of the screen when I start feeding more.

I am trying to figure out how to get the best even flow on the screen. I tried wrapping the screen around the pipe but the ties are messing up the flow. I tried sloted pipe and drilled pipe. Sooner or later I will figure something out

300g + 240g in wall build! - Follow Here
    120g SW Reef, LED lights, cool fish and corals!

0 Not allowed!
    This build is awesome! You have my undivided attention.

0 Not allowed!
    Idea... what about having the ties on the bottom of the mesh? Could that work?

I have never built one of these, but your mesh would still be touching the pipe (have the holes in the sides and top) that way the water will have to flow down the mesh...

Let me know if I am wrong, or if you wanna give it a try

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85
    Idea... what about having the ties on the bottom of the mesh? Could that work?

I have never built one of these, but your mesh would still be touching the pipe (have the holes in the sides and top) that way the water will have to flow down the mesh...

Let me know if I am wrong, or if you wanna give it a try
    Good idea! However, the problem is the ties. The water hits them and goes around. It was suggested to use fishing line to sew them together. I have not tried that but hopefully tonight I will have time. Someone else mentioned since I have no screen in the slot that the slot may be to big. Suggested more holes but smaller holes. Hrm.....

0 Not allowed!
    How about a bigger/wider slot to feed the screen into ?

That is what I did for mine. I used a 1/8 to 1/4" wide slot, feed the screen in and plastic tire-wraps to hold to to the feed tube. When I tried a few different things, that was the approach that gave me the most flow and held the screen tightly in place for me.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    @cliff, thats what I did for my old setup but the algae would grow on that part. AFter a while it would clog/spray everywhere but the screen. Plus, I am trying to lower it a few inches.

A person on algaescrubbers.net gave me a good idea I am going to try tonight. It will prevent growth, lower it and keep a good flow.

Oh yea, I forgot I need to rough up the screen

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Built the 60 LED's for the scrubber. They are bright! I did not get them to dim with my controller but think I figured out why... will run that extra ground wire and it should work. I will takes pics when I do.

I used aluminum c-channel and aluminum angle to build the heat sink/frame. Then went to harbor freight and bought alumiweld rods and used my torch to weld it all together. Never knew about that until this past weekend. Really cool stuff... going to use it on my car project since I have to build a custom water pump for the heater hoses. Anyways... here the sixty deep red LED's

LED1.jpg
    LED2.jpg

0 Not allowed!
    That looks like a lot of intense red light. That should work great for growing algae. I'm really looking forward to reading more up-dates on this scrubber as you continue to work on it

What type and wattage of LEDs did you use ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    That looks like a lot of intense red light. That should work great for growing algae. I'm really looking forward to reading more up-dates on this scrubber as you continue to work on it

What type and wattage of LEDs did you use ?
    3w solderless philips rebel es

I love the fact I don't have to solder every single one!

http://www.rapidled.com/solderless-p...-deep-red-led/

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the link. I'm going to bookmark that site

If I build a LED a set-up I would need to using something like that as I'm not the best at soldering

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast