· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by heyitsmeallen
    its good to see your progress!
    It is good :-) Now if it could only hurry up lol.

300g is level and been filling since Sunday. Getting closer to being completed
    300g + 240g in wall build! - Follow Here
    120g SW Reef, LED lights, cool fish and corals!

0 Not allowed!
    That looks really good. Are you going to trim out the middle and side gaps?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffs99dime
    That looks really good. Are you going to trim out the middle and side gaps?
    Yes. Once it is done both tanks will look the same height. At this time I am thinking the huge/fancy picture frames around both tanks. Make the top of the picture frame able to be openend for feeding from the front.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Both tanks are running... well, for a little while. The thread sealent on the barb to bulkhead was leaking. I re-did those last night and let them dry until I get home today.

That sump works just as I designed! I could not have been happier. The K1 Kaldness is doing its job of converting ammonia to nitrates!

The scrubber is being built and should have it today or later this week. It is huge! It wil have two 12"x18 screens and 60 LED's. The acrylic box is 26" tall, 32" long, 5" wide for the screen and the ends are 9" wide. Should have that going by the end of the week. Since I am not feeding a lot I will use a ball valve to shut off half the scrubber and only light 15 LED's right now thanks to my LED controller.

Pictures to come in the next few days.

0 Not allowed!
    I'm looking forward to seeing pics. That sounds like once heck of a scrubber.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Just went through the entire thread and wow.... I haven't dipped into SW yet, but that eel looks awesome, and I love the set up

Few questions / thoughts

1. Are you planning to paint the entire room that blue? Or the walls at least in the same style paint to prevent moisture problems?

2. I personally think some nice decorative wood work on the outside of the tank would look better than picture frames, some nice stained wood that has been routered etc (just my .02)

3. I cannot wait to see your lion fish (my favorite SW fish)

4. Are you going to build any tables / cabinets etc for the back room? I think making it a full blown fish room would be great?

Can't wait to see more in the future, my GF would kill me if I even mentioned this. I plan to do a room like that in the basement of my future house though
    Last edited by Cliff; 01-15-2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: profanity removed

0 Not allowed!
    This is kinda what I was thinking, but without the doors on top (unless you wanted to feed that way)

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/for/3523709146.html

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85
    Just went through the entire thread and wow.... I haven't dipped into SW yet, but that eel looks awesome, and I love the set up

Few questions / thoughts

1. Are you planning to paint the entire room that blue? Or the walls at least in the same style paint to prevent moisture problems?

2. I personally think some nice decorative wood work on the outside of the tank would look better than picture frames, some nice stained wood that has been routered etc (just my .02)

3. I cannot wait to see your lion fish (my favorite SW fish)

4. Are you going to build any tables / cabinets etc for the back room? I think making it a full blown fish room would be great?

Can't wait to see more in the future, my GF would kill me if I even mentioned this. I plan to do a room like that in the basement of my future house though
    I only painted about 1ft up the wall. I only did that to seal that area in case a tank ever breaks. There should not be too much moisture. The sump has a lid for 90% of it and both tanks will have tops. I keep the house temp around 70-72 degrees all year and use LED's so they should not heat up during the summer. Worst case scenario I have a large de-humidifier.

I like your wood work idea! Thank you!

The lion fish didn't make it. Stopped eating a few months back and I tried everything for least a month. Finally I was going to freeze him if he did not pull through night but by morning... .that was the end of that. I don't plan on buying any fish, stingray or shark until the tanks are 100% ready.

Yes, full blown fish room or as I call it "filter room". There will be shelves, tables, sink and a cabinet. I am in debate if I want to keep my 120g reef setup and put it on the back wall.
    Just have to convince your GF how amazing it is and that your doing it for her My friend always blames me on his fish setup when his wife see's the bank statement lol. Says I am a bad influence and that I invite him to visit the fish store.

0 Not allowed!
    You could use that 120g for a QT / Grow out tank for coral etc

I would have a basic setup on it, no fancy rock work, just enough to get things ready to go into the show tanks

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast