· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I really appreciate your work on that wall! Are you a framer or something by trade? If not, excellent job. If so, still a damn good job.
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerly
    I really appreciate your work on that wall! Are you a framer or something by trade? If not, excellent job. If so, still a damn good job.
    Nope, I have a 40hour desk job pushing papers :-) Live in the country, drive to the city M-F. I am not a manual labor person. I am sure they would fire me for being slow.... but when the job is done my work would be perfect.

The desk job gives me plenty of "thinking" hours on how to build things with my hands. The biggest thing that helps is.... patience and be willing to try and fail but learn from mistakes.

It is just my father and I (when he stops by) working on the wall. My dad did give me the ideas how to support the floor to handle the weight. Now, he is a real country boy and makes awesome stuff from nothing... thats where I get it from. That is also why I want to surprise him with epoxy sealed beer cans in the tank since he is being paid with beer

BTW, Thank you for the compliment!
    Last edited by glarior; 11-16-2012 at 04:13 AM.
    300g + 240g in wall build! - Follow Here
    120g SW Reef, LED lights, cool fish and corals!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Picked up my sump last night!

It is awesome! Feels good to see something I designed completed. Can't wait to see the media running in it. I plan to take a video of this thing running once the setup is completed

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    looking good!!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffs99dime
    Wow. That sump is huge!
    On paper I knew it was big but not how big lol. 5ft x 2ft x 22"

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    If only I had a main tank as big as your sump!
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishFish
    If only I had a main tank as big as your sump!
    I think you should follow your therapist advice and get a bigger tank

The tank is usually the cheapest part of the build. All the extra stuff is what adds up.

0 Not allowed!
    A blue would look nice for a sump room

I would suggest a good quality kitchen and bath paint just in case you get a lot of humidity in the that room
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff
    A blue would look nice for a sump room

I would suggest a good quality kitchen and bath paint just in case you get a lot of humidity in the that room
    I did finally find one by accident. Sherwin-Williams has a commercial marine paint that was perfect for this. Plus, it is USDA approved for food companies. If I can eat off of it my fish sure can!

It cost $60 per gallon (double the price of regular house paint) but it met all the criteria I needed. I should only need one gallon.

The blue color I had mixed... wow! I hope it looks as good when it dries! I will share pictures when I get a chance.

Now I am in debate to paint the back of the aquariums.... blue or black... gloss or no gloss?????

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast