· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sump idea.... input?

300g + 240g in wall build! - Follow Here
    120g SW Reef, LED lights, cool fish and corals!

0 Not allowed!
    No too sure what to suggest as I'm not too sure what you want to put in there for equipment

But I would suggest to try to arrange things for a in-sump algae scrubber (reverse lighting schedule from the main tank)

Are both tanks going to be on this one sump ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff
    No too sure what to suggest as I'm not too sure what you want to put in there for equipment

But I would suggest to try to arrange things for a in-sump algae scrubber (reverse lighting schedule from the main tank)

Are both tanks going to be on this one sump ?
    Scrubber will be exteral as well as the skimer. This sump is for both tanks so I only have to deal with one paramter.

Only equipment in the sump will be 4 pumps, heaters and oxygen supply for the K1 chamber. Also a small pump for the fuge and UV light.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ideas/opinions wanted!!!

What do you think would look good to finish the exterior of the wall? I am open to all ideas!

I hit a snag in the build. Tonight I was checking the work that has been done and its not perfect. There is no way to level a tank if the house ever shifted. Since the 2x6 are laid flat that creates a major problem for cutting holes for the plumbing.

My plan to fix the problem is leave the wall and build stands for the aquariums. Slide the stand to the wall which will now have a 6" shelf between the outside wall and aquarium. :-/ Not exactly I wanted to do but it will work. I am just trying to figure out how to make the exterior of the wall look good including the new 6" shelf. I will take any ideas!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Why not just build stands for the tanks, get them nice and level, followed by building the walls around the stands ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You could put the stands and tanks behind the wall and just use the holes you have built as windows. or is that what you have described?
    Freshwater tropical tank
    Marineland Emperor 400 Dual Biowheel filter
    Tank specs are 55 gallon
    Freshwater
    3- tiger barbs
    3- zebra danios
    2-pineapple swordtails
    4- black skirt tetras
    4-serpent tetras
    1- golden dojo loach
    1- marble angel fish
    1- syndontis
    1- pearlscale gourami
    1- bristlenose pleco
    1- red claw crab

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by heyitsmeallen
    You could put the stands and tanks behind the wall and just use the holes you have built as windows. or is that what you have described?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff
    Why not just build stands for the tanks, get them nice and level, followed by building the walls around the stands ?
    @ cliffThat was my vision but no matter how I tried I could not convey it to the ones helping.

After many many hours of thinking utnil my head hurts I decided to build it the way I vision it. I will rip out the work done and leave a box. Then build two stands which will slide in place. I Will still be able to finish the exterior of the wall and have my flush picture frame setup. YEa, more work for me haha.

Still trying to figure out decoration for the wall when you view it from the living room. I am not good at that part

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My sump idea should be a reality in the next week or two. I took the design to my friend at the LFS. His acrylic guy will pick up the plans tomorrow (saturday) and start the build. Woohoo!

Really likes the slide out filter change idea. It will also have the chamber for the K1 media to fluidize!

Well now to rip out the wall so I can install dual stands like my original vision was.... here is a to a long weekend!

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What color should I paint the equipment room? I'm thinking a mid to dark blue ...