· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    More updates:

Dr. Tim's pearls - I have not seen any difference since adding those to my system.

Scrubber - The huge scrubber I built has not redcued nitrates. The scrubber forum says I need to double the LED's. I am thinking of getting rid of the scrubber and LED's. Not sure. I may chop up the heatsink and half the size of the scrubber and try it on the 120 tank.... but then I think the sulphur reactor seems to be way better. I don't know yet.... lol

DIY LED's - I was working on a reef setup LED's but think I am going to scrap that idea. I bought the arduino, touch screen, drivers, LED's and c-channel aluminium for that project. I think the new AI vega setup is pretty slick and cost ~same price as the DIY setup.

Reef octopus Diablo DCRS 250ext - This thing has been amazing! I traded two 1.5" bulkheads for a external collection canister and that was the best trade ever. I fill up the collection canister every week and it is dark/wet skim.
    300g + 240g in wall build! - Follow Here
    120g SW Reef, LED lights, cool fish and corals!

0 Not allowed!
    I almost got a skimmer like that one. I have heard a lot of great things about them

You might want to try a different from of bio-pellets. I had great results in my 90 gallon set-up with the Vertex pellets. You could also place the return line from the reactor closer to your skimmer's intake to increase the effectiveness.

I also have the same return pump you are planning to up-grade to. They work great and are dead silent. A great investment for sure.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Installed pump and some pics :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    More pics... enjoy

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like you eel is getting really big

How big is he now ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I would guess 30-36" and enough to take a finger Lol. Last meal was a fish about 6" long and a small squid.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Update....

Removed a lot of rock and gave it an acid bath. Will post pics when I am finished with that project. I'm going to make some rock scapes and prevent rock fall.

With that said... the sting ray was crushed by a rock :-( poor little guy.

Happier news... the sulphur denitrator is awesome! Halfed my nitrates so far. I disturbed a lot of debris so the nitrites are up. Hopefully the k1 chamber will break it down to nitrates on the next few hours.

I setup the 120g tank for coral. Will post pics when done

That's all for now

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice work. I like the eel and the miniatus grouper.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well... its cold outside so started to finish the wall. Ive ordered more cement to finish the rock sculptures and thinking of changing out the sand to black. Thr hardest part to figure out is the picture frame trim I want and allow it to open. A friend mentioned use wood like a matte then very wide picture frame with European hinges. Ive yet to picture in my head what they meant but looking into it.

0 Not allowed!
    That looks great! Is that rock board or sheet rock? For the frame, another question you could ask yourself is what kind of molding, if any, are you going to use to finish off the room? Maybe that would help you in deciding?

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast